The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Cathy Whittington, BinghamtonNYRosic, wamj2008, qmitchell, Adam54
5520 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 57 guests, and 364 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
OL EuroEast II (2007) Group
Portable Icon Screen
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,570
Posts410,849
Members5,520
Most Online2,716
Jun 7th, 2012
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Town Hall
10 hours ago
Exegete:

Christ is in our midst!!

Sometimes decisions are made by those with authority that we can not understand. Sometimes we must accept the decisions that have been made and move on.

Bob
2 84 Read More
Faith & Theology
19 hours ago
Originally Posted by dochawk
Originally Posted by ajk

Originally Posted by dochawk
You might take a peak at the Melkite, too--I was stunned to find that they also have this practice . . .
What practice is that?

the hot water added to the cup.

Why "stunned"?

It originated in churches that were so cold and poorly insulated in winter that the wine freezing was an issue--thus the slavic practice.

The Melkites however, are in a mediterranean climate.

hawk

Zeon preceded the evangelization of the Northern Slavs.
27 14,669 Read More
Town Hall
Yesterday at 06:48 PM
They enjoyed it. Sorry I took so long to answer . I hadn't looked here in awhile. The Lord Bless!
4 306 Read More
Church News
08/12/18 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Utroque
...peacefully get on with the more serious task of Evangelization. The Holy Spirit is not going to bring this about; only serious, devote and holy bishops, imbued with the Holy Spirit will. Get on with it. The faithful are waiting now and unto ages of ages.

I'm not sure that amalgamation of the ECs is a good thing, but evangelization is critical and the different ECs largely fail at it.
14 766 Read More
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2018. All rights reserved.