The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
L0ver0fWisd0m, Chestertonian, Karlos Barcenas, Greg Gordon, Diane Hearne
5389 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Janetj100), 47 guests, and 107 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Portable Icon Screen
Deacon Edward Kostraby elevation to Protodeacon
St. Thekla Vigil 2016 - Part Two (Dinine Liturgy)
St. Thekla Vigil 2016 - Part One (Vespers)
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew receives Jack Figel
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,276
Posts409,364
Members5,389
Most Online2,716
Jun 7th, 2012
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Vespers, Matins & the Divine Liturgy
Yesterday at 06:06 PM
Check out the late great Archimandrite Ephrem (Lash)'s site: Anastasis. He'd translated the Triodion, Pentecostarion and much, much more. The translation is into accurate, literary, contemporary English!...
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
Parish Life & Evangelization
Yesterday at 12:39 PM
In the last few weeks a well-known Evangelical Christian named Hank Hanegraaf has converted to Orthodoxy. Negative response from some in the Protestant Christian communities has been swift. Hank Hanegraaf has had a long-running radio ministry called "The Bible Answer Man&qu...
see more
43 Views · 0 Comments
Parish Life & Evangelization
Yesterday at 12:24 PM
Some will remember a discussion about a decade or so ago regarding an idea among some Forum participants about starting the "Byzantine Village" - an intentional Eastern Christian community. The idea was for like-minded Eastern Christians to form a community together. It...
see more
20 Views · 0 Comments
The Christian East & West
Yesterday at 11:19 AM
Hello all! On Friday Popes Francis, Tawadros and Patriarch Bartholomew will meet in Cairo. I believe this is the first time the three leaders/primus inter pares of the three largest Christian communions will be together, at least since Apostolic times... Am I forgetting anything?...
see more
48 Views · 0 Comments
Town Hall
Yesterday at 11:16 AM
I don't like promoting this website, but here's an article on the upcoming 'council'....
see more
108 Views · 3 Comments
Town Hall
Yesterday at 07:27 AM
I don't know it verbatim, but I think it is attributed to Metr. Andrei Sheptytsky....
see more
43 Views · 1 Comments
Prayer
Yesterday at 12:54 AM
I will pray for you....
see more
139 Views · 5 Comments
Town Hall
04/23/17 11:05 PM
Christ is Risen!! Recently read an article by a Muslim professor at Al-Azar University in Egypt. He made the remark that having a church in a neighborhood was equivalent to having a "brothel" in the neighborhood. He also stated that allowing a church to be repaired onc...
see more
222 Views · 3 Comments
Prayer
04/23/17 10:54 PM
Christ is Risen!! Prayers for a peaceful repose. Memory Eternal....
see more
112 Views · 2 Comments
Church News
04/23/17 01:30 AM
Our Lady of Kazan in South Boston was perhaps the most beautiful chapel I have ever been in. It will always be a part of me!...
see more
1,111 Views · 6 Comments
Church News
04/22/17 04:07 PM
Quote The birth rate in those immigrant communities sustained churches into the second and third generations. But a dramatic membership drop began as communities lost jobs and subsequent generations left the churches, Nosal said. Never underestimate the impact of ABC (artificia...
see more
125 Views · 1 Comments
Town Hall
04/21/17 07:58 PM
You are at somewhat of a disadvantage geographically since Grand Rapids, Flint, and Bay City are the most northern cities in the lower peninsula to have an Eastern Rite Parish. The next closest to you would probably be Sault Ste-Marie, Ontario where there is a Ukrainian Catholic ...
see more
226 Views · 2 Comments
Church News
04/20/17 11:55 PM
Axios! Many years Bishop Benedict!...
see more
222 Views · 1 Comments
The Kliros
04/20/17 10:41 PM
Where can i find music for the following link? ...
see more
84 Views · 0 Comments
Church News
04/20/17 11:08 AM
Fairfax, Virginia – The theme for the Orientale Lumen XXI Conference on June 19-22, 2017 in Washington, DC will be “Chieti and Crete: Two Historical Events.” Speakers and participants will discuss the Chieti Agreed Statement of September 2016 in which the Orthodox-Catholic...
see more
112 Views · 0 Comments
Town Hall
04/20/17 09:17 AM
Christ is Risen! Greetings and love from Singapore ...
see more
281 Views · 7 Comments
Town Hall
04/20/17 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by Mockingbird Scholar Sacha Stern has pointed out that the word "Quartodeciman" is not reliably attested until after the Council of Nicea. It appears in a chapter heading in the surviving manuscript of a work attributed to Hippolytus, but chapter headings migh...
see more
75,590 Views · 157 Comments
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2017. All rights reserved.