Newest Members
Arlene, MustardSeed, lud0vici, seven_mansions, Anchoritess
5345 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 57 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Thekla Vigil 2016 - Part Two (Dinine Liturgy)
St. Thekla Vigil 2016 - Part One (Vespers)
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew receives Jack Figel
Edit Post Options
Agia Sophia
Forum Stats
5,345 Registered Members
26 Forums
34,212 Topics
409,102 Posts

Most users ever online: 2,716 @ 06/07/12 04:10 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Prayer
Jump to new posts Prayers for Italy avalanche by Communion of Saints @ 23 minutes 20 seconds ago

Rescuers had to cross country ski to this remote ski lodge where people have been trapped in the freezing cold and then the terrible avalanche. The earthquake was about 80 miles from this town. I just heard there were only 2 survivors, but all insi
Prayer
Jump to new posts Re: Prayers for Catherine by Alice @ 53 minutes 51 seconds ago

Lord have mercy on Catherine. Prayers for her recovery, her loved ones and her entire stroke situation. Amen.
Faith & Theology
I used to be an edgy atheist type, but now I'm becoming an Orthodox Christian (on the 29th of January is when I get baptised) and I'm looking for a patron and a name since the priest says my name isn't a proper Christian name. Saint Paul is of cour
Vespers, Matins & the Divine Liturgy
Jump to new posts Re: Reserving Precious Blood for Presanctified Liturgy by ast82401 @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

One of the main reasons is that wine goes bad quickly and will develop mold on it. Oftentimes within a day or so depending on the type. Even once it goes bad, the priest must consume it since it is the Eucharist so you could see why he would not want
Eparchial & Parish Events
Jump to new posts Re: Midnight Liturgy by ast82401 @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

I don't know if there have been recordings made but if anyone wants one, email the church at sspandpchurch@gmail.com
Prayer
Jump to new posts Re: Kh. Barbara Sahady by Thomas the Seeker @ Yesterday at 09:57 AM

Surgery is at Noon EST today. 5 PM update: Successful operation, recuperating in a normal hospital room, should be home tomorrow. Thanks be to God!
Faith & Theology
Jump to new posts Re: Local Eastern-rite considerations by jova @ 01/17/17 10:54 PM

I was a Roman Catholic who received FHC just prior to the upheaval of Vatican II. My parents fled from the chaos that ensued. I searched for my cradle faith my entire life. I found what fed my soul at a Russian Orthodox parish. But to join I had to r
Town Hall
Jump to new posts Re: Fallen Away by Thomas the Seeker @ 01/17/17 10:51 PM

I hated, when I was grateful, not having a God to be grateful to Very profound, you who are named for the Archangel "Who is like God?" Welcome home.
Jump to new posts Re: what to do during Matins and vespers by Fr. Al @ 01/17/17 11:54 AM

I can only speak for the Russian tradition. For a daily vespers,the Royal Gates would normally not be opened at all. Therefore, the priest need not vest in the phelonion at all, but just cuffs and epitrachilion. Matins is a bit more complicated.
Jump to new posts Re: Close lips around eucharistic spoon? by Dr. Henry P. @ 01/16/17 06:53 PM

There are more germs on pew books or hymnals than on the spoon or lip of the chalice. I always kiss the chalice after receiving from the spoon in the byzantine Churches I attend. Receiving on the tongue is unsanitary, not because of the body of Chri
Faith & Theology
The Eucharist is the sum and summit of our faith, Catholic and Orthodox. I cannot imagine being without it.
Prayer
Jump to new posts Re: My sister Martha by Administrator @ 01/16/17 10:41 AM

Prayers for Martha. May the Lord God lead her according to His will.
Old-Ritualists Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian Old Believer Icons by Percy Gryce @ 01/15/17 07:03 PM

Very useful. Thank you.
Books
Fr. James Babcock, the editor of Sophia Journal (the quarterly publication of the Melkite Eparchy of Newton) reviewed this book in the Winter 2017 issue. He calls it a "must-read." Quote:Admittedly I was both intrigued and suspicious when
Prayer
Jump to new posts Re: PRAYERS FOR MY BELOVED MOTHER AT HOSPITAL by bwbyzman @ 01/13/17 10:53 AM

May I ask for prayers for my sister Martha, age 78. She suffered a heart attack yesterday and is not expected to live through today. She's been away from the Church most of her life. Many thanks! Bob

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2017. All rights reserved.