The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can you imagine ?

I know how you feel, too many not enough room biggrin

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:23,24)

God is faithful and true, he will never fail us.
Rev19:

2 A voice coming from the throne said: "Praise our God, all you his servants, (and) you who revere him, small and great."
Then I heard something like the sound of a great multitude or the sound of rushing water or mighty peals of thunder, as they said: "Alleluia! The Lord has established his reign, (our) God, the almighty.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding day of the Lamb 3 has come, his bride has made herself ready.
She was allowed to wear a bright, clean linen garment." (The linen represents the righteous deeds of the holy ones.) 4
Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed 5 are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God."
I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Don't! I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brothers who bear witness to Jesus. Worship God. Witness to Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." 6
7 Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its rider was (called) "Faithful and True." He judges and wages war in righteousness.
His eyes were (like) a fiery flame, and on his head were many diadems. He had a name 8 inscribed that no one knows except himself.
He wore a cloak that had been dipped in 9 blood, and his name was called the Word of God.
The armies of heaven followed him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen.
Out of his mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod, and he himself will tread out in the wine press 10 the wine of the fury and wrath of God the almighty.
He has a name written on his cloak and on his thigh, "King of kings and Lord of lords."

One of my favorite scriptures is:

RE: HOSPITALITY Hebrews 13:2

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." smile

Romans 3: 4
Of course not! God must be true, though every human being is a liar, as it is written: "That you may be justified in your words, and conquer when you are judged."

Sure is a good thing we don't have to depend on ourselves we would be in boatloads of trouble. biggrin

I love this part of Revelations 19:
The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sat on the throne, saying, "Amen. Alleluia."
2 A voice coming from the throne said: "Praise our God, all you his servants, (and) you who revere him, small and great."
Then I heard something like the sound of a great multitude or the sound of rushing water or mighty peals of thunder, as they said: "Alleluia! The Lord has established his reign, (our) God, the almighty.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding day of the Lamb 3 has come, his bride has made herself ready.
She was allowed to wear a bright, clean linen garment." (The linen represents the righteous deeds of the holy ones.) 4
Then the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed 5 are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These words are true; they come from God."
I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Don't! I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brothers who bear witness to Jesus. Worship God. Witness to Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." 6
7 Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its rider was (called) "Faithful and True." He judges and wages war in righteousness.
His eyes were (like) a fiery flame, and on his head were many diadems. He had a name 8 inscribed that no one knows except himself.
He wore a cloak that had been dipped in 9 blood, and his name was called the Word of God.
The armies of heaven followed him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen.
Out of his mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod, and he himself will tread out in the wine press 10 the wine of the fury and wrath of God the almighty.
He has a name written on his cloak and on his thigh, "King of kings and Lord of lords."

Our God is 'Faithful and True', he is 'King of Kings and Lord of Lords" and they fell down and worshiped him. There is so much to feed on in these verses that answer questions for our Protestant brothern. wink
Pani Rose

T
T
John 18:4
Then Jesus, knowing all that was to befall him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, 2 will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." 3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; 4 he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you. 8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD your refuge, the Most High your habitation, 10 no evil shall befall you, no scourge come near your tent. 11 For he will give his angels charge of you to guard you in all your ways. 12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread on the lion and the adder, the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot. 14 Because he cleaves to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation.

Luke 12:32
"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Rev 19:11-14

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

What a day that will be... biggrin

M
M
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2, 14, KJV)

Mister Emu posted

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Rev 19:11-14

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

What a day that will be... biggrin
he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True....and his name is called The Word of God.

See God is Faithful and True to carry out just what the Word of God says...

He cannot fail the testimony of his Word!

This is one of my very favorite scripture passages which I have used as a signature on another forum.

Where there is no guidance, a people falls; but in a abundance of counselors there is safety. (Proverbs 11:14, RSV)

J
J
My two favorites are My father's house has many rooms, John 14:2-3, and You may be entertaining Angels, Hebrews 13:2. Porter has previously mentioned these.

I also really like the passages about the need to accept the Kingdom of God like a child, such as Matthew, 18:3-4; Matthew, 19: 13-14; Mark, 9:36-37; Mark, 10:14-16; and Luke, 18:16-17.

The need to be childlike is the primary reason that I am so attracted to the Little Way of St. Therese of Lisieux.

JP

1John.4:18

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love. (RSV)

Yes Porter!

There is a saying,
'where fear is tolerated, faith is contaminated'

nun hopeful
nun hopeful
My favorite because it speaks of Christ whom I love most, the communion of Saints, and testifies to our ancient, beautiful faith:

1 Corinthians 10:16-17
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

"TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE"
(Luke 23:43)

R
OrthoDixieBoy
OrthoDixieBoy
R
Psalm 139 is my favorite chapter of the Bible.

1 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

19Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.