The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140546 02/11/06 01:01 AM
OP Offline
For those of you who believe I've wronged my wife, you may very well be right, but this current situation runs both ways. Please read the excerpt from an earlier message of mine to a Courage friend before you judge me too harshly.....

I'm here (Midland, TX) visiting my brother and sister-in-law for the weekend. Dan, I told you that I love my wife, but not the whole story - ie, not the part about her jealously, paranoia, desire for control, etc. I love Nancy because she's the mother of our kids and I care what happens to her. However, even had I not "outted" myself to her, I couldn't see being married to the woman for the rest of my life. I'm heartsick, Dan, but it's something that would've happened later anyway - a heck of a lot of resentment has built up in me toward her because of her desire for control over me and our children. My trip to Houston last weekend was the first time in 18+ years of marriage that I've been away from her and the kids for a boys weekend out - not even been away with my brother, who BTW she pretty much detests....

Dear friends in Christ, I really am not some kind of heartless monster....

NEMO

#140547 02/11/06 01:25 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Nemo,

First, please rest assured of our prayers, and that they will be ongoing for you and your family. Ours is not to judge, for that is reserved for the Creator of all, the Compassionate One, Christ our True God. So please do not think that we believe you to be a monster or anything but a soul seeking the love of God.

This thread though is not one that is appropriate for the forum though. Many have different notions on how a situation should be handled, and many do not understand all of the circumstances. It opens you up for conflicting advice and possible accusations that may not be fitting for your situation.

Please give the situation time to work out for both you and your family. Again rest assured of our prayers for you.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.