The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141146 05/27/04 05:17 PM
A
Arturo Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Glory to Jesus Christ!

I will be entering Holy Resurrection Monastery this Pentecost Sunday as a postulant. Please pray for me. Incriminating pictures of me as an observer can be found at www.hrmonline.org. [hrmonline.org.] In all things, God's will be done.

Sincerely,
Arturo

#141147 05/27/04 05:54 PM
R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Arturo,

I am so happy for you and I will remember you in my prayers. You are beginning your new life with some wonderful monks -- as you already know. wink

God's Peace.

Michelle

#141148 05/27/04 07:12 PM
L
L
Congratulations, Artie!!

Nice baseball cap!

In Christ,

LT

#141149 05/27/04 08:37 PM
Congrats Arturo,

I pass the Monastery at least twice a month visiting my sister & brother.

Never seen a monk or priest with that"cool" sunglass look before.

A good & wise decision to serve.

james

#141150 05/27/04 09:09 PM
Dear Arturo,

Is that YOU with the sunglasses?

That monk looks SO cool! cool

All joking aside, congratulations on your calling to the monastic life. I will remember you in prayer. May our Lord and His Most Holy Mother watch over you and protect you in your great service to Him and the world through prayer.

With love in Christ our Lord,
and asking for your holy prayers,
Alice

#141151 05/27/04 10:54 PM
R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Originally posted by alice:

Is that YOU with the sunglasses?

That monk looks SO cool! cool
The cool monk is actually Fr Moses ... who is very cool with and without sunglasses! biggrin

#141152 05/27/04 11:32 PM
May the Holy Spirit guide the new postulant Arturo and his community. Please pray for us as you enter the angelic life.

#141153 05/27/04 11:58 PM
B
B
Arturo,

Be assured that I will remember you in my prayers.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for monks. I was once considering becoming a monk--I doubt that I will become one, but who knows?

Maybe I should visit your monastery sometime. I don't know how well I'd handle the desert though; I'm used to a cooler climate. There's a Ukrainian Catholic monastery, Society of St. John Skete [societystjohn.com] , in Michigan's Upper Peninsula that might have a climate more to my liking.

Mnohaja lita,
Jason

--
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy.
#141154 05/28/04 12:25 AM
H
Administrator
Administrator
H
Dear, in Christ, Arturo,

With prayers and very best wishes, as you prepare to enter the Monastery. May the Lord direct your steps, and grant you great peace and joy in your decision. Peace health and happiness for many blessed years!

Elias

#141155 05/28/04 02:26 AM
R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Originally posted by Benedictus:
Maybe I should visit your monastery sometime. I don't know how well I'd handle the desert though; I'm used to a cooler climate.
Jason,

I can't stand hot weather so you know I would not like the desert but our dear monks have made Holy Resurrection such a holy sanctuary that I always miss it when I leave. I am craving going back just thinking about it. Every time I go there, I come away with some new spiritual gem. It's the most amazing thing! Them gentlemen are doing something right, I tell ya! wink

I highly recommend going even if you don't like the heat. Just don't go during the summer months.

Your sister in Christ,
Michelle

#141156 05/28/04 01:27 PM
Former
Former
+GLORY BE TO GOD FOR ALL THINGS!

I entered the monastery 39 years ago and have never looked back and have never been unhappy for ONE DAY in all these years! When I was 7 years old, I decided that the Lord wanted me to be a monk and from that day on, I never considered seriously any other vocation. There have been difficult times, there have even been a few days when I was sad (mostly because I realized that I had failed to measure up), and there have been many times when I have felt that I was not a good choice and perhaps the Lord should have called someone made out of 'better material'...but there have been ZERO days that I've been sorry that I responded to His call and ZERO days that I've been sorry I did this!

I've buried all of my family, I've have a couple of operations, and I've just finished 9 1/2 week of radiation for cancer, but I'm a happy and joyful man and I give ALL the credit to the Lord Who has sustained me all these many years! If the monastic vocation is REALLY your vocation, you will happy at nothing else. If is NOT your vocation, you will make yourself and everyone around you miserable, until someone has the sense to ask you to leave. Nothing ventured---nothing gained? If you 'feel' that you may be called, then you need to "COME AND SEE," otherwise you'll never know for sure and you'll go through life always wondering and always a bit unhappy and unfulfilled.

GOD IS NEVER OUTDONE IN GENEROSITY! If you give Him give the little that you have, He'll multiply that thousands and thousands of times over...and you'll be able to do what you never thought possible. Remember always that many people's salvation may well depend upon your peservence in the vocation to which the Lord is calling you! All glory be to Him Who calls us all!

We will remember you at Proskomedia on Sunday, the Great Feast of Pentecost.

In Him Who calls us,
+Father Archimandrite Gregory

+Father Archimandrite Gregory, who asks for your holy prayers!
#141157 05/28/04 03:39 PM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Arturo,

Blessed be your journey and may your friend, the Archimandrite Anastassy, of blessed memory, who has gone before you, look down on you, inspire you, and strengthen you in your resolve to serve God and His people.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
#141158 05/29/04 04:09 PM
A
Arturo Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Glory to Jesus Christ!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and prayers. God's will be done. AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

Arturo

#141159 05/31/04 01:22 AM
H
Administrator
Administrator
H
Dear brother, in Christ!

I will certainly be praying for you today, on the holy feast.

May the Lord God grant you every blessing, as you approach Holy Resurrection Monastery as a postulant. May God give you great joy in his service, and generosity in obedience.

I will remember you, as you begin this wonderful journey. Please remember me,

Elias

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.