The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
MarianLatino, Bosconian_Jin, MissionIn, Pater Patrick, EasternChristian
5,999 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 252 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,398
Posts416,768
Members5,999
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#157883 03/24/06 07:33 PM
Z
Zenovia Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Let us all pray for that poor man, and potential Christian martyr: Abdul Rahman. He refuses to convert back to Islam and the people want him executed. Frankly I don't know what Pres. Karzai can do without alienating his people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4841334.stm

Zenovia

Grateful
Grateful
Prayers !

-- John

Prayers for our brother in Christ, Abdul Rahman.

Where are our Christian voices to speak up about this?

Muslims protest when their prophet is being defamed, yet when one of our own is under the threat of being beheaded because of his conversion, we lay in complacency? confused

What does our silence tell the Muslim world about our our faith and about our love for Christ?!? We should all pray for this man as if he were our own blood relative.

I am very, very disappointed. I pray that all priests on this forum will find a way, through their individual channels of ecclesiastical public relations, to voice their upset about this.

May our Lord Jesus Christ have mercy upon this man who has found the Truth and may become a martyr for the Truth. I hang my own head in shame before his great faith.

In Christ,
Alice

H
Orthodox Catholic Toddler
Orthodox Catholic Toddler
H
Prayers for Abul Rahman

Prayers...

james

A
AMM Offline
A
I am praying for him. I saw a story today that he might be released. I would assume if he is he will have to flee the Islamic world because there is no doubt he will be murdered for folling his conscience.

The most strangest thing I saw was a quote by some Imam's saying they wanted to question him to see if he had been converted by influence of "the west" or "the Jews". The latter of course being particularly absurd.

Andrew

If released he wants to get right out of there ASAP. Just in case anyone changes their mind. I do suspect he will have to keep a watch over his own shoulder just in case someone takes it into their head to kill him.

ICXC
NIKA

B
B
Sharia should also apply to the numerous Soviet Army prisoners who "accepted" Islam to avoid beheading or execution when they were captured in Afghanistan and surely dumped this farce of a religion as soon as they ever got back on Soviet territory. Would be interesting to see some stats on how many of the phony conversions were made among Soviet prisoners in Afghanistan? Read this article at Soviet PWs [aiipowmia.com]

John
John
Prayers for the release of Abdul Rahman.

Prayers for the people of Afghanistan; that they may come to know and embrace the value of liberty.

Reminder: This is a prayer thread. Please don�t discuss anything but prayer in this thread.

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
May the Holy and Blessed Theotokos ransom this captive son from those who would do him and his family harm. May he safely and securely leave Afghanistan and find a safe place to live and worship Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.

St. Thomas the Apostle, protect and pray for him!

L
L
Prayers for Abdul Rahman that he may be protected against those planning to do evil against him.

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our tresspasses
As we forgive those who tresspass agianst us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil...

Your divine favor grant unto your servant Abdul protecting him from every evil, show forth your power as you do, granting grace for many to step forth who have converted in that land. Let the lies of this enemy of deceit and depravation be shown for all the world to see. Protect him Jesus in all things!

H
Administrator
Administrator
H
I was amused to hear that the charges against the confessor were dismissed, suggesting mental illness as well as lack of evidence!

There is a sermon there, somewhere. Certainly speaking for myself, there would be lack of evidence to "convict" me of being a Christian. Mental illness could also be an issue?

May the Lord God strengthen the confessor, and inspire others to openly proclaim the faith, and grant courage to all those who suffer persecution for the sake of Christ.

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.