The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
AdrianFarrell, JStadnik, Tkoty, RomanovvII, squirrelpoose
5618 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 215 guests, and 462 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,794
Posts412,234
Members5,618
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176889 06/16/05 03:52 PM
iconophile Offline OP
OP Offline
Some time ago Dan L asked us for our "testimonies". I have alluded a time or two to the fact that I returned to the Church directly under the influence of the late Holy Father. I had never recounted the whole experience, and when John Paul died I felt compelled to do so. The tale can be read here: Encountering John Paul
This actually takes you to the conclusion of a three part article; there is a link to the beginning.
-Daniel

Re: How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176890 06/16/05 04:22 PM
Alice Offline
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. You are truly a phenomenal writer. smile

In Christ,
Alice

Re: How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176891 06/16/05 07:13 PM
Porter Offline
Originally posted by iconophile:
Some time ago Dan L asked us for our "testimonies". I have alluded a time or two to the fact that I returned to the Church directly under the influence of the late Holy Father. I had never recounted the whole experience, and when John Paul died I felt compelled to do so. The tale can be read here: Encountering John Paul
This actually takes you to the conclusion of a three part article; there is a link to the beginning.
-Daniel
Daniel,

Those of us who read your testimony (story) in the article cannot help but have our own faith renewed. God bless you and thanks for sharing it.

In Christ,

Porter...gratefully.

Re: How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176892 06/16/05 10:13 PM
R
rcguest Offline
Bill from Pgh
Bill from Pgh
R
Daniel,

Beautiful story! Thank You for sharing. I'm sure there are many more out there with similar stories. John Paul forced the faith on no one, but taught the faith to everyone. Much like Christ did, don't you think? It is up to us to accept it. He was truly in love with the Gospel and the Church. John Paul the Great, pray for us.

Bill

Re: How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176893 06/17/05 03:13 AM
S
stojgniev Offline
S
Daniel,

Thank you for your witness! It is an inspiring story.

My own life has been touched in so many ways by John Paul II.

I pray to him now and ask his intercession, fully secure in the hope that he now enjoys a wonderful reward for his life on earth.

God bless!

Stojgniev

Re: How John Paul the Great led me back to the Church #176894 06/17/05 08:19 PM
iconophile Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, everyone. Soon I am going to write of how I came to kiss the Pope's ring in Rome with Fr Benedict Groeschel and some of his Franciscan brothers, all because some Swiss guards thought I resembled the statue of St Peter overlooking St Peter's square. [The resemblence is striking, if I do say so myself] smile

Alice- and thank you. Some of my old essays are here
-Daniel

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.