The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mateusz Offline OP
OP Offline
i found this video

http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x1o9as_la-metamorphose-dun-autel

let the restoration of all things holy begin today ! amen. enjoy ! and God bless the FSSP !

C
C
Originally Posted by Mateusz
let the restoration of all things holy begin today ! amen. enjoy ! and God bless the FSSP !

"Suddenly a voice came forth from the icon and said, "Francis, go and rebuild My Church, which as you can see, is falling into ruin." Afterwards, St. Francis resolved to obey Our Lord and set quickly to work repairing that old church."

Thank you Mateusz! Brings tears to my eyes!

Ah but Francis was mistaken no? It was not the outward Temple that the Lord wanted rebuilt, but the living one not made by hands or stone.
Stephanos I

S
Archbishop of Insomnia
Archbishop of Insomnia
S
Originally Posted by Stephanos I
Ah but Francis was mistaken no? It was not the outward Temple that the Lord wanted rebuilt, but the living one not made by hands or stone.
Stephanos I

Amen

Searching

G
G
I don't think Saint Francis was mistaken; he was understanding the Voice of the Lord in a childlike and holy manner. So he started laying bricks. If he had not offered this concrete (no pun intended) response, I doubt that the deeper meaning of the Lord would have been realized. "Because thou hast been faithful in a few things, I will set thee over many." (Mt. 25: 21) There is a wonderful correspondence in the transformation of one Table of Sacrifice.

Please allow me to say that the restoration of Holy Tradition has nothing to do with 19th century esthetic (I have nothing againts the esthetic preference of nobody) or with putting pews over a consecrated Holy Altar or with the shape of the pianeta...restoration of Holy Tradition has to do with the Holy Communion under both sacramental species, with the unitarian character of the three sacraments of the Christian Initiation and with the restoration of the Symbol of Nicea-Constantinople as it was proclaimed by the Conciliar Holy Fathers. Restoration of Holy Tradition has nothing to do with some kind of nostalgy for the past. Holy Tradition has to do with what the Apostles received from the Lord and the Church later received from the Apostles and the Holy Fathers. Tradition has to do with the diachonical experience and life of the Church under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, with the present, the past and the future of the Church.

Please, do not do it in the name of the restoration of the Holy Tradition.

Last edited by Francisco; 04/17/07 10:19 AM.
Originally Posted by Stephanos I
Stephanos I

Ahhh, but Father Stephanos, Francesco only discerned the Lord's will to restore the spiritual temple through his effort to restore the physical one. There was no mistake, only a deeper penetration of his vocation. Our physical temples are icons of the spiritual. Let the outward sign be conformed to the inward mystery!

Pace e' bene!

Gordo

Dear Friends,

Well, if your restoration plans don't work out, there is always the Eastern Catholic Church! smile

Did you know that St Francis, in all probability, crossed himself with three fingers?

The Pope he went to see was Innocent III who wrote a treatise in defence of the three-fingered Sign of the Cross that was later often reprinted in Slavonic EC prayerbooks . . .

Alex

Last edited by Orthodox Catholic; 04/17/07 01:44 PM.
Originally Posted by Orthodox Catholic
Dear Friends,

Well, if your restoration plans don't work out, there is always the Eastern Catholic Church! smile

Did you know that St Francis, in all probability, crossed himself with three fingers?

The Pope he went to see was Innocent III who wrote a treatise in defence of the three-fingered Sign of the Cross that was later often reprinted in Slavonic EC prayerbooks . . .

Alex

Not only that, but Christ spoke to him through an Eastern icon - probably of Syrian origin!

One need only travel to Assisi to see the glories of the once shared Tradition of Orthodox iconography in the Latin Church. It is truly amazing!

Pace e' bene,

Gordo

Sorry to say this, but I liked it better "before".

Now, the normative Mass of the Latin Church cannot be celebrated at that altar.

That is sad.

The altar was a little "plain" to begin with, but there were other ways to take care of that.

Shalom,
Memo

Originally Posted by Memo Rodriguez
Sorry to say this, but I liked it better "before".

Now, the normative Mass of the Latin Church cannot be celebrated at that altar.

That is sad.

Shalom,
Memo

Not true at all. The High Altar can - and should - be used for the "normative" Mass (Ordo of Paul VI), as you call it. I have seen it done (even in Latin with Gregorian Chant) and it is indeed quite beautiful.

If you look at the rubrics, there are several places where the priest is directed to "turn" to the people. Such a "turn" is only possible if he is facing away from the people.

In ICXC,

Gordo

L
L
Very, very true, Gordo.

I'm not sure where Memo got the idea that one can't celebrate the Pauline Mass at this altar.

Probably because very many people, perhaps Memo included, mistakenly think that the Pauline Mass is supposed to be or has to be celebrated versus populum, which I'm sorry to say is as incredible as it is sad.

Although, I'm not against free-standing altars, just against versus populum!

Logos - Alexis

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Originally Posted by Logos - Alexis
Although, I'm not against free-standing altars, just against versus populum!

Logos - Alexis

You saved yourself with that last paragraph, the altar at St. Peter's Basilica is "free-standing" or at least it's not up against a wall.

I say let every Catholic worship in what ever Catholic Liturgy he wants! Let there be nothing to hinder anyone.

Novus Ordo, Divine Liturgy of St. James, "Tridentine," Holy Qurbono, etc... let each one find which suits his heart and soul so that he may rise to God as never before!

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.