The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L

You're preaching to the choir Gordo !

R
R
Originally Posted by Logos - Alexis
And eight years under a supposedly pro-life president has done nothing to assuage the abortion rates in this country.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Bush's "Snowflake" embryo adoption program, his total ban on human cloning, and his approval of the "Fetus Farming Prohibition Act." These aren't exactly anti-abortion, but they are pro-life.

AthanasiusTheLesser
AthanasiusTheLesser
Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
"Of all 'legitimate' businesses, it is the one for which I have the greatest contempt, and one which I, along with a great number of many others, would love to see obliterated. It profits from the suffering of others and its insatiable greed plays a huge role in the ever-increasing cost of health care."

It would be the better of the two evils if a state bureaucracy is to replace a competitive market.

Terry

Terry,

Are you posing that as a question? Generally, I don't think a state bureacracy is the way to go in place of the competitive market, but I think the medical insurance industry is about as immoral of a business that exists. As I said before, I believe it's basically a parasite.

Ryan

Ryan,

My questions would be like this:

What is the least damaging way to go about solving this problem?

Would it be possible to have a just and efficient health care system?

Terry

Cash only, pay as you go. Most equitable, fair, paperless and rules out the middleman.

Alexandr

AthanasiusTheLesser
AthanasiusTheLesser
Originally Posted by Slavipodvizhnik
Cash only, pay as you go. Most equitable, fair, paperless and rules out the middleman.

Alexandr

Alexandr:

That approach would certainly eliminate a considerable amount of cost associated with health care, but what would you propose concerning the ability of the poor to access health care?

Ryan

Yes, the Democrats by and large support abortion, which we all know to be a heinous and despicable crime.

But a lot of Republicans, and many of the Republican candidates, are more or less pro-abortion as well.

And eight years under a supposedly pro-life president has done nothing to assuage the abortion rates in this country. I understand a lot of this is due to the Supreme Court, but there is much more that this Administration could do as far as abortion goes.

It's sad all around!

Alexis

Here is what the most pro-life president that we have had since Roe v Wade (Pres. Bush) has done:

Reinstated the Mexico City policy
Blocked most PUBLIC funding of embryonic stem cell research
Pushed and signed the "Born Alive Infants Protection Act
Pushed and signed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban
Named two strongly prolife Supreme court judges, John Roberts and Samuel Alito.
Discouraged any Congressional attempt to publicly fund cloning.
This is quite an accomplishment and has done more to slow the abortion rate than any other president.

Unfortunately, this congress has not banned human cloning. If private enterprise wants to pursue "Designer Baby" cloning there is nothing to stop them. Of course they would love for the taxpayers to fund it, this is the secret agenda behind embryonic stem cell funding. Read between the lines! Meanwhile they pour billions for failed embryonic stem cell research and underfund the highly successful adult stem cell research. http://www.nrlc.org/Killing_Embryos/helpfightmediamyths.html

Fr Deacon Paul

C
C
Given that I cannot name one thing that the US government runs well, effectively, efficiently and in a cost effective manner ... I can only imagine that the US government being in charge of a socialized health care system would be a failure of catastrophic proportions.

R
R
socialized health care = Hillarycare!

If you want socialized health care, go to Canada, or France and see what kind of "care" you get.

Assembly line surgeries, years long waits for routine everyday surgery, long waits for any type of care, inferior doctors and second-rate or worse medicine...

Let us not forget Cuba, the best health care provider in the world!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.