The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EdHash Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Here is an interesting story for Eastern Catholic Christians. The Muslims want you back home.

From Michael Yon---

A bishop came to St John�s Church in Baghdad on Thursday, where a crowd of locals welcomed him home. They were joined at the service by soldiers from the 2-12 infantry battalion, many of whom had fought hard to secure these neighborhood streets. Members of the hard-fighting Iraqi Army 3rd Division also were here for this special day.

The Most Rev. Shlemon Warduni, auxiliary bishop of the St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Diocese for Chaldeans and Assyrians in Iraq, officiated standing directly beneath the dome under the Chaldean cross. Speaking in Arabic and English, Warduni thanked those American soldiers sitting in the pews for their sacrifices. Again and again throughout the service he thanked the Americans.

Lt. Col. Stephen Michael told me that when Al Qaeda came to Dora, it began harassing Christians first, charging them "rent." It was the local Muslims, according to Michael, who first came to him for help to protect the Christians in his area. That�s right. Michael told me more than once that the Muslims reached out to him to protect the Christians from Al Qaeda.

Real Muslims here are quick to say that Al Qaeda members are not true Muslims. From charging "rent," Al Qaeda�s harassment escalated to killing Christians and also Muslims.

Untold thousands of Christians and Muslims fled Baghdad in the wake of the darkness of civil war. Most of the Christians are gone now, having fled to Syria, Jordan or Northern Iraq.

The ceremony was long and very Catholic, (full story at link provided)

Here is the link---

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311933,00.html

Why would their patriarch say to the U.S. troops, �God is not pleased with what you are doing to our country" when this Chaldean Catholic bishop couldn't stop thanking them? Does Rome dislike those who the local Muslims appreciate and thank?

Ed

I am most definitely biased, but I really appreciate Michael Yon's work in Iraq. If nothing else, I recommend it as an alternative to mainstream media.

http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/

God bless,

Ed

This story was beautiful and a glimmer of hope for our Christian brothers and sisters, and it brought a tear to my eye...my prayers are for all the grieving, suffering and frightened souls of Iraq, Muslim and Christian, who are suffering daily with horrors from their fellow man--horrors which far surpass our horror of 9/11. Lord have mercy on them!!

In Christ,
Alice

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.