The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm asking the help of the forum to throw at me ideas for weeknight and/or weekend part time jobs that pay over $10/hour. Since most of your aren't in Minnesota I'm just looking for any general part time professions that you may have heard pay well, or maybe a national company that pays part timers well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
State Troopers are paid about 15 bucks an hour in training and it jumps to about 21 bucks an hour after you are a full fledged Minnesota State Trooper.

https://www.msp.state.mn.us/Default.aspx

That is, if you don't mind being shot at. eek

Are you looking to balance school and work, or two jobs? These would jobs without specialized skill...

It's difficult to find a job which will give you stable hours in the evening without going too late. There are jobs where you 'can' fill shifts in that range, but then the shift manager might ignore your preferences.

I don't know what it pays, but there may be a job with warehouse duties which could fit your needs. Large companies who have distribution nodes (not sure of your area) need employees at all hours.

Terry

Nan Offline
It's difficult to make a meaningful suggestion without information regarding your skills and interests. Prevailing wages vary by location and tend to be lower in a smaller town, such as the one you live in. You might try looking for something in south suburbs such as Farmington or Rosemount, or go south and see if there are part time jobs at Mayo that you would be a good fit for.

Go to the Post Office and inquire about applying for a Rural Carrier Relief.

N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric
State Troopers are paid about 15 bucks an hour in training and it jumps to about 21 bucks an hour after you are a full fledged Minnesota State Trooper.

https://www.msp.state.mn.us/Default.aspx

That is, if you don't mind being shot at. eek

Ever see the movie Super Troopers?

N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Nan
It's difficult to make a meaningful suggestion without information regarding your skills and interests. Prevailing wages vary by location and tend to be lower in a smaller town, such as the one you live in. You might try looking for something in south suburbs such as Farmington or Rosemount, or go south and see if there are part time jobs at Mayo that you would be a good fit for.

Thanks for the input. I'm actually living in the cities now. Just posted this for some ideas, and maybe someone might have some connections.

I'm actually interested in craft beer, so I'm applying at some specialty liquor stores, would love to try bartending, but that's a tough market to get into.

I shot Light & Life an email, might swing by there later.

I work until 4pm at my day job, so I'm looking for something afterwards.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

PS I actually did to postal work for a bit, so I always could go back to that maybe.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.