The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#272396 01/10/08 03:10 AM
D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
Hi

I am kind of new here, and wonder if there is somewhere on this forum I can find out what that little flame thing is on the posting sites, some of the icons used I do not know what they are for sure.

Thank You,

Dandelion

F
F
Originally Posted by Dandelion
Hi

I am kind of new here, and wonder if there is somewhere on this forum I can find out what that little flame thing is on the posting sites, some of the icons used I do not know what they are for sure.

Thank You,

Dandelion
I'm not that new here, but they are still a mystery to me! Let's hope some takes pity on us and lets us in on the secret.

Fr David Straut

P
P
If you hold your cursor over the icon in question, a text box will appear that tells what it is.

Hope this helps.

Dave

D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D

Last edited by Dandelion; 01/10/08 07:18 AM.
D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
I did, and it said that "topic has over 15 replies or 100"

but I still don't know exactly what the icon is?

is it a flame or something?

Dandelion
javascript:void(0)

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Dandelion
I did, and it said that "topic has over 15 replies or 100"

but I still don't know exactly what the icon is?

is it a flame or something?

Dandelion,

You're speaking, no doubt of this - [Linked Image]. Yes, it is a flame, denoting a "hot topic" - one with "more than 15 replies or more than a 100 views".

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
Thank You,

Dandelion

S
Cantor
Cantor
S
In previous versions/incarnations of UBB/UBB.threads (the software which runs this bulletin board) , there was a legend at the bottom of the main screen which explained the meaning of the various message icons. The feature either doesn't appear in this version or hasn't been enabled

John
John
Steve is correct and has a good memory (I had forgotten all about the the legend that used to appear at the bottom of the screens). In November 2006 there was a major rewrite of the software to newer technologies. Since then the software developer has been slowly adding back some of the features we once had (though, to be fair, they have made the administration of the software much easier with the 11/06 release). Another major release is in Beta test. We expect it to be released to us in the next few months and will upgrade at that time.

Others have answered Dandelion's questions so I won't add to it. Except to say that I am tempted to find a graphic of a dandelion and set it up as Dandelion's avatar!

Oh, that kind of icon. =)

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.