The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Alexander T., Raphael1999, Adrián Badida, fr nick, Andres Belizario
5640 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 170 guests, and 152 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,827
Posts412,417
Members5,640
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Different Mind Set? #274312 01/21/08 12:24 PM
D
Dandelion Offline OP
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to clear something up for me.
I have been attending a Byzantine church for a while and strongly contemplating switching rites.
One of the many reasons; a different mind/thinking set between East & West?
is there a difference in the thinking/philosophy?

Most of the time when attending Latin rite services I get the impression that whatever you are doing in your life is not good enough and suffering is the ideal goal at whatever the cost in which sometimes seems hard to distinguish between
this mind set and that of an abusive relationship.

When they give their homilies do they think at all about what they are saying or only from their point of view?

example; be happy in what you do for work, ok...when i go to pay my bills and don't have enough money to pay my bills do you think that the bill collectors will let me slide? because I am happy at what I do but sorry I can't pay you?

or when one wants to get a better paying job so that one can afford their state in life, oh but you are so good at (the lower paying job because that's your talent and it is more beneficial to me if you stick with your low paying talent)

don't worry about paying your bills right now, stick with your one and only talent that I see.

Dandelion

Re: Different Mind Set? [Re: Dandelion] #274450 01/22/08 04:04 AM
T
Theologos Offline
T
Do the birds worry about sowing and reaping? Do the flowers of the field spin or sew?

Re: Different Mind Set? [Re: Theologos] #274455 01/22/08 04:14 AM
D
Dandelion Offline OP
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
don't think animals or plants can or do worry.
They do things out of instinct so that their
off spring doesn't become "extinct".

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.