The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275347 01/26/08 05:19 AM
D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
hi all,

has anyone ever been honest about something( a subject) and has gotten
a strange gesture response?
a strange gesture response as if they think that either you are crazy, evil or can't seem to look at you in the face anymore.
judging you upon their limited or unknown understanding of the subject,
and also try and test you on the subject?.

why is that?

Dandelion

Last edited by Dandelion; 01/26/08 05:19 AM.
Dandelion #275362 01/26/08 11:21 AM
Last week I mentioned Stalin and that those around him feared to disagree with him when he didn't want them to. Before I could make my point my boss interrupted me and asked, "Who's Stalin?"

He gave me a funny look because he had no idea what I was talking about and didn't expect to hear what I said. So, in turn, I might have given him a strange gesture response in my face because it floored me that someone would not know about Stalin.

Some people test others on subjects to be conversational, some do it to be manipulative. There are others who don't intend anything at all and want to fill the time. Others still who make gestures to be funny, and then there are those who have no control over the gestures their face makes. Perhaps one of these or another reason will answer the question.

Terry

D
BANNED
OP Offline
BANNED
D
Thank You
Terri,

yes, it can be irritating at times.
Unfortunately sometimes it seems as though the unintended gesture is a judgement call in a sense, and that gesture can go a LONG WAY in how one views that person.
we have no control over that.
Dandelion

Dandelion #275403 01/26/08 05:45 PM
Dandelion,

First impressions or, the core of it, assumptions people make about others can be long-term. If they are unwilling to listen to what you mean instead of being distracted by how you say it or what shoes you are wearing, then it's best to let it go if you can. Pray for them too.

Terry

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.