The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
MarianLatino, Bosconian_Jin, MissionIn, Pater Patrick, EasternChristian
5,999 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,398
Posts416,768
Members5,999
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#280156 02/26/08 12:53 AM
JohnS. Offline OP
OP Offline
Slava Isusu Christu!

Can anyone please share prayers to St. Nektarios? Can't seem to find them online.

Thanks,

John

B
B
Dear John,

You can find the Akathist to St Nektarios, plus the Liturgical Service here:

http://www.saint-nectarios-of-aegina.org/Services.html

A British Cypriot family with a devotion to Saint Nektarios have this prayer on their site:

http://www.nektarios.btinternet.co.uk/prayerenglish.htm

Hope these links are helpful,

Brigid

JohnS. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks!

Online Content
JOHN S.:

Have you thought about composing one of your own?

I couldn't find a short one so here's mine if it helps:

St. Nektarios, holy physician of souls and bodies, intercede with the Lord for me that He would heal my spiritual and physical ailments so that I might serve Him in peace, honor, health, and length of days, and my family as well. AMEN.

In Christ,

BOB

Last edited by theophan; 02/26/08 04:46 PM.
The offspring of Selyvria and the guardian of Aegina,
the true friend of virtue who appeared in the last days,
we faithful honour thee,
as a Godly servant of Christ,
for thou pourest forth healings of all kinds for those who piously cry out:

Glory to Christ who glorified thee!
Glory to Him who made thee wonderous!
Glory to Him who worketh healings for all through thee!

Amen!

P
P H Offline
P
those links r broken they dont work

P
P H Offline
P
the http://www.nektarios.btinternet.co.uk/prayerenglish.htm dosent work sys took to long maby you can copy n pase the prayer here for us

John
John
The page would not load for me, either, but I found this at the Way Back Machine:

Prayer to Saint Nektarios of Aegina
The Miracle Worker

Lord Jesus Christ, we worship you and thank you with all our hearts, because through your heavenly love for us, you have gifted us with a multitude of saints to act as the ideal models for us to copy, to act as mediators for us, and to offer supplication to you to extol your wonderful and magnificent name with their wondrous deeds, their lives and their miracles.

Bless Lord, the holy day we celebrate today in honor of one of our glorious fathers Nektarios Bishop Pentapoleos the Miracle worker.

You Lord, who has total trust in your Saints, allow the commemorated Saint Nektarios to become our pathway to approach you to receive your heavenly grace, your great mercy and your holy blessing.

Please All Holy Lord accept the intercessions and supplications of our fatherly Saint Nektarios, and because we are unworthy to pray to you directly, the eternal King of Glory, we instead turn to our saintly protector asking him:

Saint Nektarios of Our Lord ,strong in faith, and a model of patience, perseverance, humility and meekness, we respectfully honor your holy memory, and we ask you, who were slandered without cause, and who was strongly tested with dismissal and exile from Alexandria, as you forgave those who wronged you, please watch over us and keep us safe from every evil and temptation.

Intercede Saint Nektarios to the Lord Our God, that he may give strength and success to the Patriarchate of Alexandria, the incumbent of that seat, his flock and his clergy.

Please ask that the Lord our Saviour strengthens with his power and grace both young and old in the Orthodox faith.That he may guide our young and grant good things in full abundance to the Greek nation.

Saint Nektarios of God, you who so respectfully worshipped the Ever Virgin Mary, the Mother of Our Lord, become our humble supplicator to her so that she may protect and watch over our Nation and bring peace,harmony and love to all the world, to the glory of the name of the All Holy Trinity.

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.