The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
D
D
Originally Posted by Jessup B.C. Deacon
I don't remember ever seeing a real Russian eating kielbasa.

Count yourself lucky. Those carnivorous sausage get vicious when hungry, and are known to eat members of other ethnic groups. Why, just last week a we had a German Eating Brat eat two Irishmen and an Italian . . .

smile

hawk, reveling in the vaguearies of English Grammer (while fleeing the English Eating Bangers . . .)

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Well, anyone have anything more to add about cracking the kielbasa code?

U
U
Matvey,

If I can fit some homemade (domashi) Slivovicka and Ung County vinka in my suitcase without going over the airline weight limit, I'll bring some to the Kolbassa/Kovbasa/Kielbasa "Cook Out Picnic Extravaganza" to be held at a later date in Altoona'shchina!

Smachnoho!

Ung

Last edited by Ung-Certez; 06/02/08 12:43 AM.
Cracking the "kielbasa code" is always ongoing. Pieces are always being found by true kielbasyologists throughout the world. So never think that we must end this quest. As the great slavish philosopher Janko Cesnak said, "Kde nieto kielbasa, ide v�etko do �padku" translated as, "Where there is no kielbasa, everything is headed for collapse." Keep this in mind next time that you do not find kielbasa in your local supermarket.

Maybe somebody can research some of the ancient prophecies concerning this.

Ray

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by 70x7
Cracking the "kielbasa code" is always ongoing. Pieces are always being found by true kielbasyologists throughout the world. So never think that we must end this quest. As the great slavish philosopher Janko Cesnak said, "Kde nieto kielbasa, ide v�etko do �padku" translated as, "Where there is no kielbasa, everything is headed for collapse." Keep this in mind next time that you do not find kielbasa in your local supermarket.

Maybe somebody can research some of the ancient prophecies concerning this.

Ray

Ray, very intriguing and encouraging. As I have hit my fell asleep and can't go back episode this evening I will sit in deep contemplation over your above post.
The question is, is Kunzler Kielbasa really Kielbasa. I'm leaning toward categorizing it as an fake imitation kielbasa.
If Kunzler Kielbasa is not actually Kielbasa and only an imitation then my local supermarket indeed has no true kielbasa in stock.

Then you must heed "Kde nieto kielbasa, ide v�etko do �padku". It is indeed the sign of the times. But it is never too late to reverse the course.

On the other hand, if Mr. Kunzler http://www.kunzler.com wants to denounce his German ancestry, and embrace his Slavic roots, then Kunslowski's (his real name) product will have more acceptance. Word has it that he came from a Polish/German border town.

Besides, what songs has he produced about his products? None.

Ray

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by 70x7
Then you must heed "Kde nieto kielbasa, ide v�etko do �padku". It is indeed the sign of the times. But it is never too late to reverse the course.

On the other hand, if Mr. Kunzler http://www.kunzler.com wants to denounce his German ancestry, and embrace his Slavic roots, then Kunslowski's (his real name) product will have more acceptance. Word has it that he came from a Polish/German border town.

Besides, what songs has he produced about his products? None.

Ray

I will heed "Kde nieto kielbasa, ide v�etko do �padku."
Yes, Mr.Kunzler is really Kunslowski and he has produced no songs about his products. I read an interview he gave the Harrisburg paper about ten years ago. He said that he sought to take the "ethnicity" out of food and make it truly American. He felt that if he didn't produce songs about his food (too ethnic) and he changed his name to appear more German (since German names are accepted and anything Slavic is just too ethnic). He figured that if he didn't make songs, changed his name and didn't even ADD kielbasa to his website except for a tiny little info on it then no one would really remember that kielbasa is Slavic in nature and only think it was a American product with no ethnic ties. But no matter how you change the name, the language, your last name and alter the ingredients with American food service industry preservatives the heart of the Kielbasa still is Slavic.
Changing the last name/language from Slavic to German/American and appearing to cut the kielbasa's ties with the old country doesn't make the kielbasa the all-American sausage.
Mr. "Kunzler" said that by taking (or the appearance of taking away those ties) ethnic and old-world ties away from the Kielbasa would encourage those who weren't Slavic in the USA to embrace and buy lots of Kielbasa.

F
F
There are, of course, many varieties of this delectable sausage (some more delectable than others), and most of them are connected with one or another specific locale. The real kolbassy mavens swear that they can tell from the taste where the kolbassy comes from.

The best I ever had was said to come from Drohobych.

Fr. Serge

My resource when it comes to kolbasa:

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/index.html

Alexandr

If you want, I'll volunteer to make real kolbasa for our shindig. None of that bought processed schmata. TONS of garlic!! Hopi Shupi!

Alexandr

F
F
Thanks for posting that link - I've been looking for recipes for Italian sausage!

Fr. Serge

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by Slavipodvizhnik
If you want, I'll volunteer to make real kolbasa for our shindig. None of that bought processed schmata. TONS of garlic!! Hopi Shupi!

Alexandr

Woohoo! Thank you Alexandr!

D
Orthodox domilsean
Orthodox domilsean
D
I second OP's woohoo!

However, I think the Kielbasa Code is starting to crack our Orthodox Pyrohy. He's becoming more of a wild conspiracy theorist by the day!

Fr. Serge, I think you're the luckiest of us all -- what I wouldn't give to have instant access to all the black and white pudding a lad could eat!

I wonder... if you make a sausage with oats and pig's blood, then add garlic, can it be considered Irish Kielbasa? An Ceilmhas Earinnach, perhaps?

A 11 page thread on kielbasa...amazing

Beer is also needed... biggrin

james

Originally Posted by Jakub.
A 11 page thread on kielbasa...amazing

Beer is also needed... biggrin

james

I'll bring some Yuengling! biggrin

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.