The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Online Content
Ung:

Yes they do, but there is really no place to do anything except use one of the pavillions unless the gorup just wants to eat and ride the rides. And I'm not sure about their rules about alcohol.

BOB

Last edited by theophan; 07/10/08 01:15 AM.
O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by theophan
Ung:

Yes they do, but there is really no place to do anything except use one of the pavillions unless the gorup just wants to eat and ride the rides. And I'm not sure about their rules about alcohol.

BOB

You can drink alcohol at a rented pavilion at DelGrosso's
(the family owned amusement park formerly known as Bland's Park), but getting one isn't exactly a cake walk at the last moment. I have one place to call back since I'm back around regular internet service, home base, etc..

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by Alice
Ok, it is very important as to the origins of kielbasa. you're just jealous alice because it isn't greek in origin

LOL!!! biggrin

Okay, I deserved that...this is important and I understand your reprimand...

...but then what else should I expect from someone named after a food! smile crazy smile

Alice...or....

maybe I should call myself 'Orthodox Souvlaki' instead !!! wink

Hmmm good question? Is that your favorite Greek Food? If so go for the name change smile

F
F
Actually both the Greeks and the Chinese make very good varieties of sausage. And souvlaki is one of my favorite foods.

Meanwhile, please wish me luck - I'm going to try making Italian sausage.

Fr. Serge

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Ok, here is the deal. August 9 at Reservoir Park, Tyrone PA we can get a pavilion. We can go about this several ways.

We can just cross our fingers and hope there is an open pavilion and use it that day (only to show up and not find one open).

Or we can reserve it for 35 dollars. Right now there out of 17 pavilions no. 1,2,9, 10A and 10b are reserved for August 9th.

The last the last few in the park never have reservations. I actually have never seen all the pavilions being used at the same time but I don't think we want people driving from Pittsburgh to have no pavilion available when we show up.

D
Orthodox domilsean
Orthodox domilsean
D
I'll make an appointment with one Mr. Kovalonek, to obtain several of his kielbasas then.

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Cool. Bring it on! Let's get a tally of who is bringing what and let me know if we should for sure secure a picnic pavilion via reservation.

U
U
Originally Posted by Orthodox Pyrohy
Ok, here is the deal. August 9 at Reservoir Park, Tyrone PA we can get a pavilion. We can go about this several ways.

We can just cross our fingers and hope there is an open pavilion and use it that day (only to show up and not find one open).

Or we can reserve it for 35 dollars. Right now there out of 17 pavilions no. 1,2,9, 10A and 10b are reserved for August 9th.

The last the last few in the park never have reservations. I actually have never seen all the pavilions being used at the same time but I don't think we want people driving from Pittsburgh to have no pavilion available when we show up.

Dag nabit, I have to work that Saturday! Youinz guys are still welcome to have my "Brindza", providing someone will be traveling from "Velku Pitts'burg'shchina".

I can't change my August schedule because of other employee's have scheduled vacation days, which will allow me to have five full days off for Labor Day Uniontowns'kyj Otpust. Oh well, shmachnoje and na zdrovichko to all! cry

Ung

Last edited by Ung-Certez; 07/12/08 12:22 PM.
Online Content
OP:

Should we have everyone send you or me a pm staing if he/she is available? And what is the cut-off for this so we have an idea?

BOB

B
B
I wish I lived much closer to you folks!

F
F
Just made a batch of Italian sausage from the recipe on that web-site. Delicious!

Fr. Serge

Originally Posted by Serge Keleher
Just made a batch of Italian sausage from the recipe on that web-site. Delicious!

Fr. Serge

Ahh... Father Serge, you are quite the gourmet cook!!! smile wink smile

Did you make a sweet Italian sausage or hot Italian sausage?

In Christ,
Alice smile

D
Orthodox domilsean
Orthodox domilsean
D
Would sausage made by a Ukrainian still be able to be considered "kielbasa"?

or is it a banger?

O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Originally Posted by theophan
OP:

Should we have everyone send you or me a pm staing if he/she is available? And what is the cut-off for this so we have an idea?

BOB

Yes people need to start making arrangements soon.

F
F
I planned to make hot sausage but it turned out sweet. Next time, more cayenne pepper!

Fr. Serge

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.