The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll, Bradford Roman, Pd1989
5,991 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 468 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,392
Posts416,746
Members5,991
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
On my way home on 12 August, I was the victim of a pickpocket. I lost my money, my debit card, my passport, etc. The U.S. Embassy was able to help me get a temporary passport and I now have to wait 7-10 days to get my exit visa and buy new tickets out of China. All with no access to funds and no funds myself. I ask your prayers, as I am really in a pickle here.

Prayers...St. Anthony of Padua has not let me down in my senior doings.

james

Last edited by Jakub.; 08/14/08 01:33 AM. Reason: senior moment
E
Za myr z'wysot ...
Za myr z'wysot ...
E
Heavenly Father, hold our brother Nigula Quian in the palm of Your hand and bring him safely through this period of trial. Let him know that You are with him, and that despite all the evil that has befallen him he is neither forgotten nor forsaken. Restore his fortunes as You did those of Job. Amen.

Lord, have mercy on our friend NQ who needs help in this situation. Let him receive and act upon Your guidance. Through the intercession of the saints, angels, and the Most Blessed Virgin Mary,
CS

Orthodox Christian
Orthodox Christian
My prayers.

Bring your deacon safely home Jesus, and meet all of his needs in your mercy now. Go with God!

O
O
Prayers for a safe and speedy return

Prayers to our Lord Jesus Christ that this trial will be undone, and that you will miraculously find a way to afford to get back to the U.S. AMEN!!!

Kyrie Eleison!

Through the intercessions and protection of the Archangel Michael,
Alice

A
A
My daughter suffered the same fate a few years ago in Barcelona (Spain) when she and her friends spent their 3-day weekend break away from studies in Rome.

I hope you have put a hold on your debit/credit card as it is not difficult at all for the cons to use it illicitly. Even after we have put a hold on our daughter's debit/credit card, it was successfully used throughout Europe, in "small" but successive amounts, running up to more than US$5,000 in just a week! Fortunately, the bank issuer bore all the unauthorized charges as we seasonably followed all their rules, including a local police report on the theft of our daughter's travel documents and debit/credit card. The non-U.S. charges only stopped when I suggested on the bank issuer to cancel my daughter's account and open another. This simple procedure cut off the stolen debit/credit card from "the" source of funding.

(The "hold" did not prevent the electronic processing of the unauthorized charges as the "international computers" still recognized an open account in my daughter's name as the "clearing house" for her stolen debit/credit card.)

Our daughter and her friends had to go all the way to Madrid, where the embassies are, to secure her temporary travel documents.

"A beggar is not a chooser!" As the saying goes, plead with your friends, acquaintances, U.S. Embassy personnel in Beijing for monetary assistance with a firm promise to recompense once you get back home in the U.S. I advised then my duahgter to do just that with her friends until they got back in Rome where I have sent sufficient money (by money order) to her dorm to repay her friends.

It was a traumatic experience for our daughter and for the entire family.

I fervently pray that you will hurdle all the difficulties brought upon you by this despicable and uncaring act of another human being!

Amado

Last edited by Amadeus; 08/14/08 05:47 PM.
Kyrie eleison.

I offer my fasting and prayers.

N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
I thank everyone for their prayers. In the last 2 days we have mysteriously found 1200RMB in her sunglasses case and 400RMB in my shorts. A friend in BeiJing found us a hotel for only 180RMB a night, so we should be able to last until the 21st, the day my brother got my return flight home changed to (I am tentatively scheduled to receive an exit visa on the 20th, which is good for 3 days only!). Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming please!

Last edited by Nigula Qian Zishi; 08/16/08 12:08 PM. Reason: Added info!
B
B
Prayers.

Originally Posted by Nigula Qian Zishi
I thank everyone for their prayers. In the last 2 days we have mysteriously found 1200RMB in her sunglasses case and 400RMB in my shorts. A friend in BeiJing found us a hotel for only 180RMB a night, so we should be able to last until the 21st, the day my brother got my return flight home changed to (I am tentatively scheduled to receive an exit visa on the 20th, which is good for 3 days only!). Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming please!

Praise to our Lord God who comes to our aid when we need it! Prayers that you and yours will get home shortly and safely. Amen.

In Christ,
Alice

N
尼古拉前执事
OP Offline
尼古拉前执事
N
Just a quick update. With help from some friends, taking us to sites and out for food, and a loan from her sister, we made it through the 21st and I am now back at my home and getting ready to return to work, I am a little sick and jet lagged, but besides broke, I cannot complain too much. Thank you all again for your prayers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.