The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BobR Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm not sure where to start but here goes. I was raised Roman Catholic and over the past 3 years I have been longing for a more traditional church. I have attended a few Greek Orthdox Churches and find their mass beautiful. But since they are not in union with Rome I will not convert. I have been doing some research on the Byzantine Church and I am attracted very much to the Litergy. I am currently living in Germany, but in November I will be moving to Alexandria Virginia(I'm in the military). I have found a Byzantine Church close to where I will be living.
The Western Rite now seems so protestant. I feel uneasy with the current Roman Mass and it is getting worse. Does any one have any suggestions on websites I can visit to learn more about the Byzantine Church?

Thanks, Bob.

K
K
Bob,

Here is a ByzCath Church in McLean: http://holytransfiguration.org/

I'm not sure how far that will be for you, but I've heard this is a great church.

In Christ,
Aaron

Originally Posted by Krotoski
Bob,

Here is a ByzCath Church in McLean: http://holytransfiguration.org/

I'm not sure how far that will be for you, but I've heard this is a great church.

In Christ,
Aaron

Aaron is spot on...this is one of the top Byzantine parishes in the country. I spent a Summer in graduate school in the DC area and made this my home away from home some 16 years ago. It truly changed my life.

Safe travels (spiritually and geographically!)

Fr. Deacon Daniel

Bob,
Glory to Jesus Christ!
I would also recommend you visit Epiphany of Our Lord Byzantine Catholic Church in Annandale, VA.
Very accessable from Alexandria.
The parish is vibrant with many groups, activities, and parish events.
My prayers are with you,
Deacon El

O
O
I'm sitting here scratching my head

If I read his post correctly BobR said he had found a church but when on to say
I have found a Byzantine Church close to where I will be living.
The Western Rite now seems so protestant. I feel uneasy with the current Roman Mass and it is getting worse. Does any one have any suggestions on websites I can visit to learn more about the Byzantine Church?

I suspect he has found his site wink

- but I would also like to recommend
St Elias [saintelias.com]

As a fund of knowledge.

I would also suggest he tries the Site for the Church he has located

K
K
Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
I'm sitting here scratching my head

If I read his post correctly BobR said he had found a church but when on to say
I have found a Byzantine Church close to where I will be living.

I suspect he has found his site wink

- but I would also like to recommend
St Elias [saintelias.com]

As a fund of knowledge.

I would also suggest he tries the Site for the Church he has located

Ha, ha, ha!!! Very true. I guess it's kind of like the telephone game except now it's on the forum.

Good eyes!!

Aaron

B
BobR Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Epiphany of Our Lord Byzantine Catholic Church in Annandale, VA. is the church I found on the web. But I will be sure to check out Holy Transfiguration also.

Thanks

I know you are in the military and travel a lot, so in the event you cannot find a Byzantine Catholic Church, you might want to attend a Tridentine Mass in a Roman Catholic Church if you can find one. This might give you a different perspective on your current Rite. It is beautiful in its own way.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.