The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
deaconjoseph2021, Kirah, Faithwisdom, Tredoslop, RPAW68
5,691 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 101 guests, and 90 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Byzantine Nebraska
by orthodoxsinner2, December 11
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
by Santiago Tarsicio, March 17
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
by JLF, November 10
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Upgraded Russian icon corner
by The young fogey, October 20
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
by likethethief, June 12
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,939
Posts413,324
Members5,691
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
An interesting issue with far reaching constitutional implications...if true. I'm curious how this court case will turn out.

Video on the Question of Obama's Citizenship

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,678
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,678
Is there a "rolls eyes" emoticon on here?

Ten minutes of my life I can never get back.

Alexis

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,214
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,214
I have read a presentation of that case. It seems a stretch, but I would like to see it decided in court.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,564
F
Member
Offline
Member
F
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,564
This is absurd - and I write as one who knows a bit about dual citizenship (being myself a dual citizen of Ireland and the USA, although I have no ambition to become President of either country, let alone both).

Consider: the gentleman who is the star of the video argues that Obama and his sister do not seem to be thinking of the same hospital in Hawaii as Obama's birthplace. I can only speak for myself; I happen to know what hospital in New York my own brother and I were born in (with a ten-year interval between us), but I certainly do not remember my own birth, let alone such details as the street address of the hospital! Since I was too young to be allowed to visit my mother in the hospital at the time of my brother's birth, I have no memory of that event either (I do, however, remember his Baptism, if that's any help). During my adolescent and adult life, I've never had occasion to set foot in that hospital. None of this proves much of anything, and it certainly does not prove that either my brother (who is a lawyer in Connecticut) or myself are not US citizens.

To go further: it is not altogether unusual to find women from one or another of the Latin American countries arranging to deliver their expected child in the USA, so as to provide that child with American citizenship. In most such cases, the mother and child then go home to Costa Rica or wherever. However, the child is an American citizen. What's more, that child's children, regardless of birthplace, are also natural-born US citizens, by what is termed a "residual claim" (I learned this from a friendly conversation with US Ambassador Anthony Quainton, in Managua).

Whether Obama had or has a stepfather, and what connection that stepfather had with Indonesia, I don't claim to know. I do claim to know that a grade-school child is not competent to renounce his American citizenship.

Not to my surprise, this lawyer is slipping in the prematurely hoary charge that Obama is really a Muslim, producing what purports to be a registration for grade school in Indonesia as proof. Even if one assumes that the stepfather filled out such a form, it requires rather a "leap of faith" to assume that Obama himself even read it at the time, let alone signed it, let alone signed it spontaneously.

A little sanity would be appropriate.

Fr. Serge

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 672
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 672
Better yet, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons) has records of everybody's family which go back centuries. Obama's records are there.

The Constitution must be adhered to otherwise it is not worth anything. There is an amendment process to be followed if Americans do not wish their presidential candidates to be born in the United States.

The attorney filing the case is Philip Berg from Philadelphia. BTW...Phil is a Democrat and wants to protect the Constitution. Here is his website. http://www.obamacrimes.com/

Pray for this nation...we need it!

Ray




Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,214
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,214
"A little sanity would be appropriate."

I have to wonder if that lawyer is a spurned Clinton supporter.

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,217
L
Member
Offline
Member
L
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,217

Does it even matter ? The nomination of Barack Hussein Obama for president and his leading in nearly every poll, epitomizes just how far we've sunk as a Nation.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
Moderator
Member
Offline
Moderator
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
What annoys me and makes me not want to even vote anymore is that atleast half this country votes, not on issues, but on 'appearance'.

Who can forget how many women voted for President Clinton simply because they found him attractive...or young people who asked why they like Obama will say 'I don't know, he just seems cool'.

Or how about people who vote for someone just because he is of the same race, the same religion or the same ethnic background. (*for the record, I did NOT vote for Michael Dukakis) wink

The American public, and especially a large majority of our youngest voters, (Logos-Alexis excluded, I am sure) has sunk to such lows that it votes as if it was voting for High School yearbook popularity contests.

Voting for a party that one has traditionally liked the stands of (though those issues are continuously changing), is one thing and I can certainly understand it--especially in middle aged to older people. But voting because you like the charisma of, or because everyone your age is doing it, or the way someone 'looks' is ridiculous... The leadership which the Presidency demands bears much more responsibility than only those credentials.

And although I think that perhaps many people think that the law of abortion debate has become extreme and has overtaken all other issues, what MrsMW posted the other day about Obama's stand on overturning late term abortion (the most horrific of all horrors because those brutally murdered babies CAN be born and given up for adoption) and overturning any restrictions already in place by President Bush, upset me very much and I have to be honest made me lose any and all respect for him as a candidate and human being...and to think that one who has fathered two children can sleep at night with that, simply in order to promote an increasingly immoral and unethical agenda is mind boggling.

I just don't get it.

Alice

Sorry for straying off topic... I didn't even view the video yet!

--If Obama is a dual citizen, that doesn't really bother me..it is legal, and as Fr. Serge said, many good citizens are.



Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,518
Catholic Gyoza
Member
Offline
Catholic Gyoza
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,518
Not only that, Lawrence, but my vote here in downstate Illinois doesn't count for anything against the Megalopolis in the Northeast corner of my state. smirk

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,217
L
Member
Offline
Member
L
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,217

I think alot of it has to do with the Daycare Generation that grew up severely lacking in parental guidence. You know that in a room filled with gray haired people, you're probably not going to provoke a serious altercation, if you say that abortion is murder, homosexuality is an abomination, all sex outside of marriage is forbidden, we didn't evolve from Apes, our ultimate destination is either heaven or hell, and that our Constitution is the supreme law of the land and we don't have to consult the UN on anything. Say that in a room full of under 30 yr olds (apart from church) though, and watch the open hostility you'll immediately encounter.

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
"A little sanity would be appropriate."

I have to wonder if that lawyer is a spurned Clinton supporter.


Terry,

That was my initial thought as well. Clearly he is a passionate Democrat, at least based on the credentials he cites.

I have no idea whether this case has any merit or not. I can only imagine that for those who are running for public office they need a horde of attorneys to defend them from spurious litigation.

But the law is the law. I just wonder if anything will be resolved here in the courts before the election.

Fr. Deacon Daniel

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Originally Posted by Serge Keleher
Whether Obama had or has a stepfather, and what connection that stepfather had with Indonesia, I don't claim to know. I do claim to know that a grade-school child is not competent to renounce his American citizenship.


That would seem to be the main issue in this man's case...

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,264
Originally Posted by Logos - Alexis
Is there a "rolls eyes" emoticon on here?

Ten minutes of my life I can never get back.

Alexis


Well, Alexis, here's 1 minute and 51 seconds that may be worth your attention as a devout Catholic.

Barack Obama Video

Fr. Deacon Daniel

PS: Here are the implications...

FOCA

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
Moderator
Member
Offline
Moderator
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
...Just saw the video...

I don't really know if this particularly bothers me as much as the fact of his secrecy and his flip flopping lies about everything...I was most astounded and what I fear most is his 'spiritual mentor' and the rhetoric he spewed.

Honestly, I would have preferred if Hillary Clinton would have won the nomination. Atleast we knew what she stood for, what she was passionate about, and she was honest about it. She also seemed to have strong leadership qualities. This man's background and influences are shady, and thus, I cannot trust his presidential intentions.

Alice


Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
Moderator
Member
Offline
Moderator
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,943
Originally Posted by ebed melech
Originally Posted by Logos - Alexis
Is there a "rolls eyes" emoticon on here?

Ten minutes of my life I can never get back.

Alexis


Well, Alexis, here's 1 minute and 51 seconds that may be worth your attention as a devout Catholic.

Barack Obama Video

Fr. Deacon Daniel

PS: Here are the implications...

FOCA


This is exactly what I meant about voting about the issues vs. popularity, personality and appearance ...

Partial birth abortion is the most despicable form of abortion because the infant IS born, is viable outside the womb, the mother has gone through the birth process, and it can be given up for adoption. Lord have mercy!


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5