The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#303601 11/05/08 10:48 PM
C
Chotki Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Does anyone out there see our new Charismatic,World Leader
President with a middle Eastern arabic name, originally Muslim
now Christian(really?) that might abandon Isreal(Jesse Jackson quote) who the entire world just adores, that came out of nowhere with all the right answers as filing prohecy both Christian and Jewish for the coming of the ANTICHRIST/MESSIAH(Christian) or Messiah(Jewish)
Or, is it just me?
Please say it's just me!

Some people are gullible enough to believe anything.

AthanasiusTheLesser
AthanasiusTheLesser
Are we going to apply the rule of showing respect to our elected leaders with regards to President-elect Obama?

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Sorry, but I don't believe that he is THE Anti-Christ, he definitely has Anti-Christian policies. The real Son of Perdition will have even more mass appeal and the world will be a lot more Anti-Christian in general.

I've read an article written by a Greek Orthodox priest that even the Mark of the Beast will literally be 666 (no fancy tricks to hide the number) because by the time the *Abomination of Desolation* comes mankind (notice I wrote "mankind") will be so depraved that we will accept it hook-line-and-sinker. eek

*I resisted to use the line "Obamanation of Desolation." wink

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
Originally Posted by Athanasius The L
Are we going to apply the rule of showing respect to our elected leaders with regards to President-elect Obama?

For sure we should show President-Elect Obama respect. It is also in the Original Poster's right to ask a question. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would support another person's right to question whether or not John McCain (or any other person) was the Anti-Christ.

I too don't think he's THE anti-Christ - but - one thing that did strike me was how many people fell under his influence through his speeches (of course he doesn't write them, only reads them) and such. Kind of helps me realize how so many Germans fell under Hitler's spell.

Seems like we'll be for a rocky four years ;(

John
John
Originally Posted by Chotki
Does anyone out there see our new Charismatic,World Leader President with a middle Eastern arabic name, originally Muslim now Christian(really?) that might abandon Isreal(Jesse Jackson quote) who the entire world just adores, that came out of nowhere with all the right answers as filing prohecy both Christian and Jewish for the coming of the ANTICHRIST/MESSIAH(Christian) or Messiah(Jewish) Or, is it just me? Please say it's just me!
Don't know whether it's you or not, but I do think the idea that he is the antichrist is unsupportable.

There is evidence that some of his supporters are more like followers (some went door-to-door campaigning giving what amounted to testimonies of how they "came to Obama" much like people "come to Jesus").

I was horrified on Monday night when (then) Senator Obama gave the finger to Senator McCain as he was thanking him for a good campaign (Drudge had the photo up most of yesterday). He did the same thing to Senator Clinton after he won the primaries. But if he is really that arrogant he will earn himself a come down.

It is appropriate to pray for him, and to respect the office. Support him in the things you agree with and fight with him over the things we as Christians cannot tolerate (life issues, etc.).

Since this type of thread can quickly go downhill I'm going to give myself the last word.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.