The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Thinking of the ultimate career choice for chocolate lovers bored with their present jobs? Here you go and enjoy. [news.bbc.co.uk] biggrin

It's a rough job, but someone has to do it.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
ohhh now there's a job I could get into biggrin

Thank you Father biggrin

Speaking of chocolate, there is a local candy company here that makes the best peanut butter and chocolate confections: peanut butter meltaways. They have a peanut butter center and either milk or dark chocolate cover.

If they're in the house, they don't stand a chance.

BOB

B
B
Sts. Lindt & Sprungli pray for us! That sounds like a wonderful job. I know I would like it! biggrin

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Originally Posted by byzanTN
Sts. Lindt & Sprungli pray for us! That sounds like a wonderful job. I know I would like it! biggrin
Charles,

What took you so long to respond to a story of such great importance as this? biggrin

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
B
B
Pani Rose says she thinks we can sniff out chocolate across the Internet. biggrin It must be true.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
And you had a slow connect huh? wink Isn't modern technology great when applied towards the right endeavors? laugh

I'm surprised the lass from Glasgow has not awaken from her slumber over this news.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

I'm sure she'll find it about the same time she has her morning cuppa biggrin

O
O
You called ??

biggrin biggrin

Hmm a choccie taster - believe it or not

not for me frown

I used to live not far from Bournevile - and frankly the all pervading smell soon sort of detracts from the taste frown You can have too much of a good thing .

After that I worked in a biscuit factory - MacFarlane Langs - and there the enrobers were allowed to eat the biccies - but though they gorged themselves for the first week, after that they no longer nibbled .

I was always permitted to nibble as I went round the factory checking with the folk on the production lines - but you can only manage so much.

However if you are only tasting a limited number in say the morning - it could be fun biggrin

But as a full time job - not for me frown

OH from my experience - the difference between something straight off the production line - and the same thing after it has been packeged and delivered to the retailer is Chalk and Cheese biggrin

I'd have to agree fresh is always better....

but still...

chocolate....

You're a stronger woman than I dear smile

I'm more...

well...

[Linked Image]

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Originally Posted by Our Lady's slave
Hmm a choccie taster - believe it or not

not for me frown

I used to live not far from Bournevile - and frankly the all pervading smell soon sort of detracts from the taste frown You can have too much of a good thing.

Are you with fever???? wink biggrin

O
O
Not at all - honest biggrin

I love choccie - but my experiences , living near Bournville [ for those who do not know about it - it's a village that was founded for the Cadbury workers so they didn't have to travel to work - everything was there School , shops, Church the lot ]

I'm told my reaction was exactly the same as the workers - they ate so much at the beginning that after 3 weeks they never wanted to see Chocolate again frown

I enjoy eating choccie now - the darker the better biggrin

It's a wonderful thing to be sure

my coworker noticed I've had dark choccie with me at work most of the week...so last night to be a smarty pants, he brought in a small container of creamy peanut butter...

He said I needed some protein with all that choccie ROFL

O
O
hmmm - thought someone in the Yank country made some form of candy of Choccie and PB -- or am I wrong ?

biggrin biggrin biggrin Gwenyfur

OLS it reminds of the old episode of I Love Lucy, where they were working on the assembly line to box the chocolates. They fell so far behind getting them into the boxes, they stuffed them everywhere they could, especially their mouths. I often wondered how much stuff they had to take to settle their stomachs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.