The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
djs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Dave,
Thanks for spotting that link and passing it along.
Very nice to see Bishops Babjak and Hirka as guests!

C
C
The OCA website is still behind in coverage of Metropolitan Herman's visit, but I found more photos online, this time covering his visit to Bratislava.

http://www.rusin.sk/fotogaleria/show.php?&herman_metropolita

Dave

C
C

T
T
Dave, thanks for the link!

I was especially happy to see a newly-established Roma [Gypsy] parish in Kladruby, Czech Republic. [oca.org]

Tony

D
D
Slava Isusu Kristu,

I noticed that the Metropolitan visited the birthplace of St. Alexis Toth. I would have liked to have seen pictures from inside the Church but I suppose that would not have been possible in the present climate.

A sad comment on our current divisions..

Dmitri

D
djs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Chtec - Thanks again. Very interesting range of temple architecture - especially the old Russian influences. The new OCA page has a better renditions of the church's history - too bsad they don't identify the religious officials in Presov, though.

Tony - I really share your sentiments. There is a Greek Catholic Roma parish in Hungary, but I don't know about Slovakia - what a shame!

Dmitri - what are you talking about? Are you suggesting that The Metropolitan was barred from a Greek Catholic Church there? Do you have facts to support this suggestion?

T
T
Originally posted by djs:
Tony - I really share your sentiments. There is a Greek Catholic Roma parish in Hungary, but I don't know about Slovakia - what a shame!
Yes! I was told about the Roma parish in Hungary when I was there last in 2000. The publisher "Petra" published a bilingual hymnal recently for the Slovak Roma Greek Catholics, you can see it here [petra.grkatpo.sk] It is the second from the left in the top line.

When I was last in Slovakia, in 2000, I did not hear of any Roma parishes but there was a Roma priest among the Redemptorists.

D
D
No, djs, I am not suggesting anything like that. I merely meant that he didn't go in. I can only hope that that was his choice and not something we insisted upon.

That truely would be a sad statement of our relationship. Although, I did think it interesting that the relics of St. Alexis Toth were given at the Cathederal dedication in Presov. Although Saints I feel are beyond jurisdictions, I thought the choice of those particular relics somewhat curious given the recent Orthodox vs. Greek Catholic property disputes in the area.

Dmitri

D
djs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Dmitri, I don't think that there is a GC church in that village. None is listed in the schema of the Presov Eparchy.

D
D
Then I misunderstood. The pictures on the OCA website show a Church on the hill where St. Alexis was baptized. Perhaps it is nolonger active or may now be Orthodox or (Heaven forbid ;-)) Roman.

Dmitri

D
djs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Our bishops participating in the dedication of the Cathedral in Presov - that's a positive step worth unqualified celebration.

T
T
Our bishops participating in the dedication of the Cathedral in Presov - that's a positive step worth unqualified celebration.
I think that "attending" is a better choice of word than "participating."

D
djs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I don't know if the Bishops participated in the service - for example by singing the responses - but Bishop Babjak did, according to the pictures, address the celebrating hierarchs. He did partipcipate in the dedication ceremony.

T
T
I don't know if the Bishops participated in the service - for example by singing the responses - but Bishop Babjak did, according to the pictures, address the celebrating hierarchs. He did partipcipate in the dedication ceremony.
Sure, I see that his photo is accompanied by the caption "Addresses and speeches are offered by religious and city officials."

"Participate" sounds like concelebrate when used regarding clergy; of course they are not the same word.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.