The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (griego catolico, Fr. Al), 341 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
From the website of the Pontifical Oriental Institute:
His Excellency Rev. Slavomir Miklovš, Emeritus Bishop of Križevci,together with His Excellency Rev. Jan Babjak, SJ, Metropolitan Archbishop of the Byzantines of Prešov and His Excellency Rev. Milan Chautur, C.ss.R. of the Byzantines of Košice.

For those of us on the East Coast it will take place at 9:00AM on Sunday (June 14).

F
F
Since our large and beautiful Church of Saint Antony is right across the street from Santa Maria Maggiore and is well appointed for episcopal consecrations, one wonders why Father Cyril's consecration is not taking place in Saint Antony's.

Fr. Serge

D
D
Dear Father Serge and also others.

I have no doubts, that even Archbishop - elect Cyril would prefer Eastern rite church for his ordination, however, you are not aware of the fact, that many Byzantine Catholics from Slovakia are coming as well, same as students and staff from PIO and other also his Jesuits confreres. We are expecting apprx 1000 to 1200 - and that number could in no way fit into St. Anthony.

So there is not much wondering why. It is the closest Basilica to PIO, and has major significance in the history of our Church - remember the Slavonic books being put on its altar during the visit of the Ss. Cyril and Methodius.

And to those interested in live stream, there might be a chance, as a Slovak catholic station TV LUX will be streaming live the ordination, starting at 14.45 CET. And maybe also at Telepace...

Asking for prayers for Archbishop elect Cyril...

Last edited by Danielik; 06/09/09 08:00 AM.
F
F
My Sunday schedule being what it is, I'd either like to see the service broadcast at a much later hour, or obtain a DVD which I might watch at leisure!

When and where is the Narechenie?

Fr. Serge

A
A
Originally Posted by Danielik
So there is not much wondering why. It is the closest Basilica to PIO, and has major significance in the history of our Church - remember the Slavonic books being put on its altar during the visit of the Ss. Cyril and Methodius.

And to those interested in live stream, there might be a chance, as a Slovak catholic station TV LUX will be streaming live the ordination, starting at 14.45 CET. And maybe also at Telepace...

How does one listen on the Internet to TV LUX?

A
A
Watch, not listen.

if it works for your machine:
http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/watch/4306/TV-Lux-.html

station website:
http://www.tvlux.sk/

A
A
Originally Posted by aramis
Watch, not listen.

station website:

So it can be watched on the website?

A
A
The station's website requires you to have Windows Media Player integrated to watch it, but if you do, then yes, you can watch it on your computer.

the Naživo link is the watch page on their website.

TVchannels for free is a collation site that links you to lots of free over-the-internet tv stations. Many are land stations with web feeds.

My DSL isn't fast enough for many.

L
L
Originally Posted by aramis
Watch, not listen.

station website:

If anyone learns there will be archived coverage for watching later please let us know.

Did anybody find out if it will be available for later viewing? I'm having the worst time with the live stream, it keeps going out.

T
T
I don't know about a later feed, but I'm watching now and I haven't had any problems at all. Not a single buffering problem. Sorry. It could be your internet provider. I have Comcast. In fact, I'm outside right now, sitting on a glider with a cup of tea, enjoying the sunshine, the squirrels trying to defeat my squirrel proof bird feeder (ain't gonna happen!), a couple of courting sparrows that just moved into a birdhouse my son made, listening to a new wind chime my son and I just bought and waiting for the hummingbirds to discover the nectar I put out for them last evening! Sorry. (Should I rub it in some more?

Tim

Last edited by tjm199; 06/14/09 02:57 PM.
A
A
A wonderful ceremony.
I've seen it on the Italian Telepace. I've also recorded the cheirotonia.
The only thing I've not understood was the position at the laying of the hand under the Gospel book. The main consecrator, reading the consecratory prayer, was not in the middle of the two co-consecrators, but on a side.

I have Comcast as well, I don't know what the problem was. It shouldn't be my computer, because it's pretty up-to-date; but that doesn't mean much. If it is my computer it's just furthering my resolve to get a Mac.

A
A
Originally Posted by Jakub.

As usual, Fr. Peter Stravinskas makes another snide remark on a venerable Eastern Christian tradition. This time it is on the ordination of married men to the priesthood.

In the past in NLM comboxes, he has also made negative remarks on Orthodox churches in the old country (according to him, most are dirty and unkempt, etc). And he is on record as stating that the Roman Catholic devotion to the Eucharist is more fully developed than in the East.

Last edited by asianpilgrim; 06/15/09 04:11 AM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.