The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll, Bradford Roman, Pd1989
5,991 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bishop Titus), 551 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,392
Posts416,746
Members5,991
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#310804 01/28/09 05:23 AM
I
OP Offline
I
My dear freinds, I've been away from this forum for quite some time... I've been busy wink
I'm happy to announce that my wife is pregant carrying our 3rd child. The due date is Aug 1st. By this time our daughter Ava will be 6 years old (I can remember posting the birth announcement of Ava over 5 years ago).. time flies, and our son Andrew will be 3 (I can also remember posting that birth announcement as well.

Will keep everyone updated

In Christ...
Brad

O
O
Oh wow !

Congratulations to you all

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Brad, my friend,

Nice to see a post from you and especially one with such nice news. Congratulations to the both of you and may your wife be blessed with a healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
CONGRATULATIONS, BRAD!

*No wonder* you have been missing for so long--you have been very busy raising your little ones!

Try to join us once in a while if you have a minute to yourself!

May your wife's pregnancy be blessed with health and may it bring forth a new baby bestowed with good health and all blessings.

If you want to tell your wife (if I remember correctly she is Greek) a traditional 'blessing/wish'..here is one used for pregnant women: 'Kali Eleftheria'...

That literally means: 'Good freedom'! (Lest that sound silly, substitute 'delivery' as we would say in English, for 'freedom' and I guarantee that anyone that has been pregnant will know exactly what that means--especially in the latter months of the pregnancy-- because freedom is is exactly what it feels like!) wink

Fondly,
Alice

Alice #310868 01/28/09 06:15 PM
A
A
Brad:

Congratulations (and may you have many more)*! biggrin

*(I am just reminded of the southern California couple who had octuplets born alive in only the 2nd time in recorded human history!)

Amado

Amadeus #310926 01/28/09 11:51 PM
J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Congratulations Brad!!! May God grant you and your family (immediate and expanding) many blessed and spiritually fruitful years!

Job

I
OP Offline
I
Dear Friends in Christ,

We are down to the last week of pregnancy... Jackie can't wait to bring this baby into the world. We are all excited.. even Ava and Andrew... they continually kiss jackie's tummy goodnight.
We bough a new mini van yesterday so that we can bring the whole family home from the hospital togehter.

Please pray for a safe and speedy delivery...

In Christ,
Brad

Thank God!

Go with God! congratulations

BRAD:

Christ is in our midst!!

May He Who came here among us as a babe bless your new arrival. And may He bless your family and you now and for the balance of your pilgrimage.

BOB

theophan #329432 08/07/09 09:30 AM
eli Offline
Congratulations :))

I
I
Brad,I had to see this thread because on the listing it is quite funny- Wife Pregnant Intrigued Latin.

Congratulations, Brad! I remember looking forward to the birth of my third child and only daughter, Elizabeth....12 years ago next month!!

S

Byzantinemo #329501 08/08/09 04:28 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Dear Friends,

Ana ____ Harkin (we're still working on a middle name) weighed 8 lbs 1oz and was 21" long. We're over the moon that she is finally here.

Ana was delivered via emergency c-seciton with Jackie under full genaral anaesthetic. It started off on Monday at 6pm as a textbook labour, but then later that evening went into decline. Baby was still very high in the birth canal and was under duress. The doctor informed us of a c-section delivery which we accepted but were not ready for. (first two deliveries were natural) They were preping the O.R. and the nurse gave me the scrubs and told me to wait outside the room for 10 mins and they would tell me when to come in. 15 minutes later she came out and told me that the epidural was not working and that mummy had to be put out, and that I could not come in. I was able to go in and give Jackie a kiss for 10 seconds but that was it.

As I stood outside the O.R. so many emotions ran through my body. I started off with joy and proceeded to fear and utter sadness that I may never see jackie again, given that she was undergoing fully surgery... one never knows what can happen.....

I quickly grabbed the rosary in my pocket and began to pray incessantly for the safety of our child and for Jackie. After about 45 seconds (it seemed like hours) I recall being at total peace... knowing and trusting that God's Will shall prevail. I contiuned pacing outside for about 10 minutes...and visualizing images of the first joyful mystery... the annunciation where the angel Gabriel annouces to Our Holy Mother that she will conceive and give birth to a Son...... ....about 10 seconds later I heard baby cries and one of the surgical assistants came out and told me that I have a beautiful little girl... about 3 minutes later the special care nurse came out and handed me my daughter..... I spent the next 45 minutes with her......just her and I... we were waiting for Jackie to come out of surgery...

I decided to leave the birth room with her and walk towards the O.R...miraculoursly Jackie was awake and being rolled out of the room just as I approached.... she saw us and was taken to recovery for 60 minutes.... We were allowed to go down and see jackie after 30 minutes....

Jackie is doing very well and so is Ana

As Ana's birthday falls in between Jult 26th (St. Anna) and Aug 15th (Our Most Holy Mother) we're contemplating Maria as a middle name.

In Christ,
Brad

O
O
Welcome to Ana _______

Congratulations to all of you

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.