The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#330168 08/17/09 01:49 AM
OP Offline
I heard tell that ACROD is to unveil a new and improved website tomorrow Mon Aug. 17. I can only say it's about time as the current one is a less than outstanding.

I also understand that the new mission in Murphy NC, St. Nicholas, had 23 people show up for their first divine liturgy last week. That does NOT include the priest family or visiting choir! Many Years to the new mission.

F
F
Glad to hear of the auspicious beginning to the new mission - and I look forward to the new web-site.

Fr. Serge

Indeed. Praise God!

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
I believe I heard, when the new site with some of the new capabilities (some not to be released immediately) was shown at the recent sobor...there was a standing ovation...

I know I have been looking forward to it for the last year...

Byzantine Secret Service
Byzantine Secret Service
Nothing yet as far as the new website being seen. Did they state they were going to launch the new website on the 17th of August on the new or old calendar date? shocked

Just checked the website, the front page says the new site will be up on Wednesday the 19th.

Well, today is the 19th! Has Secret Squirrel seen his shadow today?

O
O
well - I suppose that the 19th lasts for 24 hours - so maybe it will yet come online

Byzantine Secret Service
Byzantine Secret Service
Originally Posted by 70x7
Well, today is the 19th! Has Secret Squirrel seen his shadow today?
Oh, I have seen my shadow, but that does not mean the website (which I have nothing to do with) is going to be seen as the posted notice says. Though I did notice on their web notice, that the year was conveniently left out, possibly in case it can not be done as promised. wink

Silly squirrel, of course you would see your shadow today...it's the Feast of the Transfiguration! wink

OP Offline
Hi All: I just checked the new site and WOW what an improvement. You can actually get useful and interesting information from it now. I heard tell that the Greek archdiocese helped with it and you will notice some similarities. I think I might bookmark it now that there is some good reading available.

Originally Posted by StAnthony
Hi All: I just checked the new site and WOW what an improvement. You can actually get useful and interesting information from it now. I heard tell that the Greek archdiocese helped with it and you will notice some similarities. I think I might bookmark it now that there is some good reading available.

It's still the old website. confused

Administrator
Administrator
I believe their may be an issue with clearing your cache and site specific cookies for the site. I was just on the new site from my computer in my studio (I have not checked from my notebook computer since I have some work to do on the other one yet), and have to say it is a marked improvement. Yet, someone who called me regarding the update was unable to get the new site from his two browsers. Hence I recommended what I said above.

The site was designed and I now believe hosted by the GOA Department of Internet Ministries in a collaborative SCOBA effort. This was definitely worth waiting for.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
John
John
Nice site. It looks like they transferred their domain to a new server. If that is the case everyone may not see the new site at the same time. It sometimes time for the domain to propagate. In past years it was often overnight, but now it is mostly just a few hours. Accessing the site via my work internet connection I see the old site, but from my home connection I see the new website.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Just tried to get on myself. I cleared my "cookies" etc. this morning thinking that may be the case. But like Etnick I am getting the old website also. Although, I believe it was using google, I came across http://beta.acrod.org/ where I am able to view the new home page but none of the links are working. Can one of the "resident techies" give some advice? Fr. Anthony is it still the acrod.org site? or is there a change in web address? I put out an e-mail to Fr. Peter (ACROD's Webmaster) but I sure with today's feast day on top of the web launch it may be a while before I hear back.

Rdr. Christopher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.