The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello all, first off please forgive me if I appear ignorant in these matters. I am a Roman Catholic but have been increasingly attracted to the East. Much of what I have read has stressed the importance of finding a good Spritual Father or Mother to guide one on the proper path...how does one go about this? Not to disrespect the priests of my own church, but I have found my interactions with them have always felt more business like than spritual. I cannot speak for Roman Catholicism everywhere but in my little niche of the world I have found an increasing lack of reverance and sprituality and I almost have to say a very Protestant feel to mass on a weekly basis. So basically I am wondering how I can seek someone out for spiritual guidance or at least someone to lend an ear towards my concerns.

Last edited by theophan; 01/20/10 04:09 PM. Reason: edit caption
Christ is in our midst!!

Welcome to the forum. There are many people here who may be able to direct you to a good spiritual father. They are also people who can help you in your pilgrimage.

Again, welcome.

Bob

Last edited by theophan; 01/20/10 04:10 PM. Reason: edit caption
Hi,

Why don't you contact your Diocese (or Archdiocese) and ask them if they have a Spiritual Direction program. If they do, you can contact the people in charge and they will provide you with contact information in your area, you can then contact these individuals and see if one of them would meet your needs.

That's the way I found my Spiritual Director and it has been a real blessing these years.

May God bless you on your journey.

Let's also pray for each other.

Shalom,
Memo

May I ask, where in Pennsylvania are you? This might help point you in the "right" direction.

OP Offline
I am in the Pittsburgh area.

One of our own posters, Fr. Valerian, is the Pastor of St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church http://www.saintgeorgepittsburgh.org/ He should be able to point you in a good direction.

OP Offline
Thank you very much for the information.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.