The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Eldho Kuriakose, Nixon, SHolmes, Luan, RCBMtrib
5631 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 182 guests, and 176 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,819
Posts412,380
Members5,631
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion #344724 03/06/10 04:48 AM
Pani Rose Offline OP
OP Offline
U.S. Traditionalist Anglican Group Votes to Enter Catholic Church

By Patrick B. Craine

ORLANDO, Florida, March 4, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Anglican Church in America (ACA), the U.S. branch of the Traditional Anglican Communion (TAC), announced yesterday that they will seek communion with the Roman Catholic Church under new Vatican guidelines released in the fall.

The TAC and Forward in Faith are part of a movement of Anglicans seeking a more Biblical and traditional Christianity than what has come to be espoused within the Global Anglican Communion. They have reacted in particular against the Communion's decision to ordain women as priests and bishops, as well as the approval of homosexual activity, such as the ordination of practicing homosexuals and the blessing of homosexual unions.

The ACA's House of Bishops met this week in Orlando with the Primate of the TAC, Archbishop John Hepworth. They were also joined by representatives from Forward in Faith UK and from “Anglican Use” Catholic parishes, the latter who have already united with Rome under previous pastoral provisions.

“At this meeting, the decision was made formally to request the implementation of the provisions of the Apostolic Constitution Anglicanorum coetibus in the United States of America by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith,” a press release reads.

Anglicanorum coetibus was released in November, as promised by the Vatican in October. The Constitution provides for the mass entrance of groups of Anglicans through the creation of personal ordinariates that would allow them to preserve much of their Anglican tradition.

The Vatican constitution was a response, in particular, to a request from the ACA's umbrella group, the Traditional Anglican Communion, for such a means of corporate entrance into the Church.

The TAC branch in the UK, with approximately 20 parishes, was the first to accept the Vatican's offer, doing so within days of the Constitution's release. In the middle of February, the Australian branch of Forward in Faith, another traditionalist group of Anglicans, formally thanked the Vatican and called for the establishment of an ordinariate in Australia.

There are four ACA dioceses across the US, with approximately 100 parishes. TAC / Forward in Faith

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: Pani Rose] #344929 03/10/10 03:06 AM
kansassummer Offline
Looking forward to attending a TAC mass someday. Perhaps this is what the NO missal should have been like ????

Welcome home and God save the queen ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: kansassummer] #345009 03/10/10 10:30 PM
A
aramis Offline
A
I hope sincerely that they all be found acceptable and reordained quickly!

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: aramis] #345058 03/11/10 05:39 PM
Stephanos I Offline
Just a slight correction, not reordained but ordained.
Stephanos I
PS Pray for my fiend who entered the Church a few years back
and now seeks ordination.

Last edited by Stephanos I; 03/11/10 05:41 PM.
Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: Stephanos I] #345079 03/12/10 03:08 AM
A
aramis Offline
A
Or even more correctly, finally validly ordained. They have been ordained, just invalidly, as the ordaining bishop had no valid orders.

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: aramis] #345128 03/12/10 06:09 PM
B
bpbasilphx Offline
B
There is a parish of the TAC in my city. If they are received, I hope to be there for it, that I may "rejoice with those who rejoice."

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: aramis] #345148 03/13/10 07:23 AM
Pavel Ivanovich Offline
Rome will have it's work cut out when they assess each case individually. TAC has it's share of Clergy sex abuse cases. One is still in the Courts in South Australia.
http://brokenrites.alphalink.com.au/nletter/page212-wilfred-edwin-dennis.html

cool

Last edited by Pavel Ivanovich; 03/13/10 07:24 AM.
Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: Pavel Ivanovich] #345150 03/13/10 08:08 AM
A
aramis Offline
A
"Rome" will most likely leave the inquiry to the local ordinaries, Pavel... as they already do.

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: aramis] #345330 03/16/10 01:26 AM
B
bpbasilphx Offline
B
I was told by the local ACA priest (the American ingredient of the TCA) that the secular media and blogosphere are not quite accurate.

There are still to be meetings between their bishops and CDF or CDW (whichever; I forgot), and they requested that first ordinariates be established.

My own guts tell me he may not be excited about this, but maybe I'm wrong.

Re: TAC 100+ Parishes Requesting Communion [Re: bpbasilphx] #345533 03/19/10 03:24 AM
Yuhannon Offline
Shlomo Lkhoolkhoon,

Here is a great followup to the above.

Fush BaShlomo Lkhoolkhoon,
Yuhannon

Canadian Anglicans Ask for Catholic Ordinariate
Send Petition With Steps to Advance Process
VICTORIA, British Colombia, MARCH 15, 2010 (Zenit.org).- The leaders of the Anglican Catholic Church of Canada sent a petition to the Vatican requesting full communion with the Catholic Church through the implementation of "Anglicanorum Coetibus."

The apostolic constitution "Anglicanorum Coetibus," published in November, offered a way for groups of Anglicans to enter the Catholic Church through the establishment of personal ordinariates, a new type of canonical structure.

In this way, they would be able to retain some elements of their liturgical and spiritual traditions while being unified under the Pope.

The petition from Canada, dated March 12, was sent to Cardinal William Levada, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

In it, the College of Bishops of the Anglican Catholic Church of Canada (ACCC), a member of the Traditional Anglican Communion, expressed gratitude for the congregation's "positive response of December 16, 2009 to our letter to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of October 5, 2007."

Leaders of the Traditional Anglican Communion, which has some 400,000 members worldwide, sent a letter to the Holy See in October 2007 to request full unity with the Catholic Church. They declared their adherence to Catholic doctrine, but expressed the desire to retain some distinct Anglican traditions.

The letter was received by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which responded in July 2008 with the promise to consider this possibility.

The next year, on October 20, 2009, the congregation's prefect, Cardinal William Levada, announced Benedict XVI's intention to create a way for these Anglican groups to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church. A few days later, on November 9, "Anglicanorum Coetibus" was published.

Communion

In their petition, the ACCC leaders expressed the desire to "seek a communal and ecclesial way of being Anglican Catholics in communion with the Holy See, at once treasuring the full expression of Catholic faith and treasuring our tradition within which we have come to this moment."

"We have all read and studied with care the apostolic constitution 'Anglicanorum Coetibus' with the complementary norms and the accompanying commentary," they affirmed.

"And now," the Anglican bishops continued, "in response to your invitation to contact your dicastery to begin the process you lay out, we respectfully ask that the apostolic constitution be implemented in Canada."

They requested "that we may establish an interim governing council of three priests (or bishops) and that this council be given the task and authority to propose to His Holiness a terna for appointment of the initial ordinary."

The letter concluded, "It is our hope and prayer that these proposals may be useful in setting in train the process set out in the most welcome, gracious, and generous response of the Holy Father to our petition."

This petition, signed by the ACCC's leader, Bishop Peter Wilkinson of Victoria, as well as two suffragan bishops for different regions, Bishop Craig Botterill and Bishop Carl Reid, follows closely after the announcement that their U.S. brethren were requesting a Catholic ordinariate.

Leaders of the Anglican Church in America announced on March 3 the decision to formally request the implementation of "Anglicanorum Coetibus" in the United States.

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.