The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#345374 03/16/10 07:33 PM
novice O.Carm.
OP Offline
novice O.Carm.
I know I do not post much here anymore but I do often lurk.

As you might be aware I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer just before Christmas. The doctor has been telling me that I am tolerating the treatments well but it has been a rough road.

Now I have contracted Valley Fever which is a fungal respiratory infection, not bad one but when one is undergoing chemo it does not help out much.

So I just as for your continued prayers through the Great Fast and into the shining season of Easter.

Those of you who know me well feel free to send me a private message and I can add you to my email list if you wish to stay updated.

In Carmel,
Br David, O.Carm.

Dear Brother David,

My heartfelt prayers for your health battle. May our Lord heal you, dear brother in Christ...

Through the intercessions of St. Nektarios (patron for illnesses, and especially cancer)..Amen.

In Christ,
Alice

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Prayers during this difficult time.

Sdn. Chris

Job #345415 03/17/10 05:09 AM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
David, my friend and brother,

My prayers for you continue, that this latest assault on your health be quickly and thoroughly overcome and that your ongoing treatment be efficacious and successful through the intercession of the Unmercenary Physicians, Saints Cosmas and Damien, and that of Sainted Patrick, on whose feast you celebrate your birthday.

May you have a blessed and joyful birthday and may God grant you many long and fruitful years in His service.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Prayers!

With colon cancer can't they just cut out the bad part of the colon? My grandfather had this and lived healthy for many years after he was diagnosed and had surgery.

novice O.Carm.
OP Offline
novice O.Carm.
If it were only so simple. Stage 4 colon cancer means that that the cancer has moved out of the orignal organ, metastizied. In my case they see it in my lungs as well.

May our Lord have mercy on you dear brother and grant you peace and freedom from physical suffering. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today on your birthday.

In Christ,
Alice

Prayers!!!

Prayers, may St. Raphael intercede...

Last edited by Jakub.; 03/18/10 05:19 AM.
Prayers!

O God, our heavenly Father, Who loves mankind, and Who is most merciful and compassionate, have mercy upon Your servant, David, for whom I humbly pray and commend to Your gracious care and protection. Have mercy on him, who has asked me, unworthy as I am, to pray for him.

Father, be his comfort and guardian in all his sufferings and in all the undertakings of his physicians done to restore him to health. Lead him into the path of Your truth, and draw him nearer to You by this trial he is undergoing. Grant that he may see that this suffering may have eternal value if he but offers it to You and nails it to Your Cross, making it part of Your Passion. Grant that after he obtains Your healing he may lead a godly and righteous life in the knowledge of Your love, doing Your Will in all things.

O loving Father, let Your blessings be upon Your servant DAvid, keep him in Your gracious care, protect him with Your power, help him through this stressful time and make his heart glad in the thought of Your nearness. Defend him against the assaults of both spiritual and corporal enemies, and give him wisdom and strength to resist all temptations and corruptions of this life. Direct him in the way of salvation of Your Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and bestow upon him the blessing of Your Holy Spirit. Grant this petition, 0 loving and kind Master, through the intercession of the Most Pure God bearer, the Ever Virgin Mary, and of all Your saints. Amen.

My heartfelt prayers for you at this time in your cancer treatment. Lord, Jesus Christ, give him peace that only you can give. And...healing as proclaimed in...Luke 5:17..

Through the intercession of the holy ones, especially those saints who our brother David holds dear, prayers for healing!!

G
G
Prayers for you my friend!

Kolya

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.