The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (San Nicolas), 314 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,751
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348058 05/14/10 02:37 PM
OP Offline
Is anyone else concerned with the rise of Islam in Europe and America? There are several UTube videos (The Third Jihad, Islam Rising, Occupation 101, several others) that show these "moderate" Muslims at rallies in NY city, Washington DC, other places across the country talking about how they will take over the Whitehouse. Imams saying how the 9-11 highjackers are not terrorists but "heros". It's crazy they get away saying things like this in public. Then, if a cartoon is made of Mohammad, they want to kill people in return.

I was in the Army and I fought in Iraq against the terrorists and the whole idea of Islam taking over Europe and America sickens me. And what's scary is that they have a strategy outside of Jihad. They know it's not through force they will conquer but through breeding which will enable them to over populate us. Christians are too busy NOT trying to have kids while Muslims families are having up to 10 children.

So, with all that said, I want everyone's opinion on a personal thought I can't get my mind around. We all know about the Crusades, albeit a twisted view of it (the majority of them were a defensive action, not an aggressive, repobate, blood thristy one). My question is what would it take for the Holy Father and the Ecumenical Patriarch to call for a defensive action against the Muslims? Is this even a posibilty given what we've learned from the Crusades? Obviously we can't, nor should we, stop Muslims from having children. I'm eluding to using militarily force because 80% of the mosques in America teach in favor of an actual combative action against the West and Jews. When will enough be enough for us Catholics and Orthodox Christians to rise up and defend ourselves militarily and what would that look like considering there are no more Catholic or Orthodox controlled countries? Do you ever see this happening or can we say that we're intellectually beyond and more "enlightened" to have another Crusade type action take place? Please, I don't condone violence but I believe the Church has recognized the necessity of military action under the "Just War" doctrine. Would military defense be played out through the secular goverments at the descretion of the Church? Some of you may be thinking we're already doing that through the so called War on Terror. I would contest the wars in Afganistan and Iraq are not to push the Muslims out or to defend the spread of Islam.

I'm no fanatic by any means. I've seen the horrors of war and I wish for peace. But also, I'm not about to let our churches be turned into more mosques and our people forced to convert. I will say, and I may get looked down upon, please look at my last statement as one of obediance and love for Holy Mother Church and the honor of Jesus Christ and His Mother. I will say IF the Holy Father, Benedict or after, called for a defensive action militarily, I will have no problems participating.

I know the Gospel message is our surest defense against the Muslims and atheists for that matter. But I can't help but wonder when will the West say "enough is enough" and finally defend ourselves. Any thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Ignatius Benedict

Last edited by IgnatiusBenedict; 05/14/10 02:46 PM. Reason: additional comments
A
A
We need leaders that will stand up and call so called Islam what it really is...Mohammadism and expose Mohammad as he really was...not just once in awhile, but many times a day. I am tired of Eric Holder being unable to identify this immoral cult for what it is. He cannot say the words radical islamist terrorists. Also our religious leaders are scared to preach about this immoral cult, and seem to accept it as a religion.
It is written in their so called holy book that their movement cannot stop at anything in their duty to conquer the world...kill if they must. I cannot see how such a cold, uncaring so called religion could parade as genuine

This is being written hurriedly since I am off to work...sorry if it is rambling

ALLEN #348062 05/14/10 03:54 PM
U
U
Where is Father Charles Coughlin when we need him?

OP Offline
Father Coughlin was very controversal. The Vatican and many priests wanted him silenced. He sometimes spoke in favor of Adolf Hitler and was anti-semetic. That's not the direction I was going with my post. Preaching hate would not solve the problem of Islamization. What do you mean by your comment Utroque?

A
A
Having had my life threatened by moslems whilst at work, yeah, it's pretty much a major issue, and due to the US constitution, we can not treat Islam as the political threat it is because it also happens to be a religion.

But Islam is a political movement, and NO truly faithful moslem can be an American patriot; the explicit demands of the Quran are explicitly counter to the US constitution.

Every faithful muslim is axiomatically an enemy of every non-muslim state, and even many supposedly muslim states, as well. Why, because they are called to bind state and religion together by their scripture, and to oppress, even to kill, those not abiding such.

P
P
Any kind of action against the Muslims is impossible, at least in Europe. Somebody has to work and pay taxes so that the childless old Europeans could receive their pensions. No government can afford the bad effects of cutting the expenses because of lack of manpower in productive age, because it would mean losing the elections. Furthermore the cowardly European mind is afraid of young Muslims setting cars on fire, so prefers to be quiet. The Europeans are unwilling to marry and reproduce, so I think that there's no way out and Europe will share the fate of Northern Africa, Middle East and other formerly Christian lands..

U
U
IgnatiusBenedict,

Thank you for your service to our country in the armed forces, but the direction you were going in your post leads to the kind of demagoguery represented by Fr. Coughlin, in my opinion, and for me the consequences of that are unthinkable. That is what I meant by my comment. Terrorism thrives on fear. Armed with faith, try not to be afraid; even of Islam.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
While inveighing against the use of religion as a tool for war, etc, the opening post of this thread suggests that our Churches undertake a sponsorship or cheerleading role in same.

This is not the purpose for which Christianity or Judaism or most other faiths are intended.

Regardless of the broad mandate given to the Town Hall Forum, this thread is inappropriate to it and to the site itself.

The thread is closed.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.