The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (griego catolico, Fr. Al), 341 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#357210 12/17/10 05:13 PM
L
OP Offline
L
This is from a co-worker at the Eparchy of Parma chancery:

Hello everyone,
A very dear friend of mine, (and of my husband), was in a severe accident tonight. Chris Kimmel was driving on I-90 when he lost control of his vehicle & slammed into a tree. He crushed his legs-so far we know he broke nearly every bone in his legs, ankles, feet & pelvis. All his ribs on one side of his body were broken, along with his nose. He has internal bleeding & is right now going into a 6hour surgery hopefully to rebuild his legs, put plates into his pelvis & stop the internal bleeding.
Chris is in his late 30s, he has 4 small children, ages seven to 2. His wife Nancy, graduated with me from Solon.

Please keep Chris & his family in your prayers right now. I just spoke with his sister-the whole family is having a very hard time right now, especially Nancy & the children. More than anything I hope he survives these severe injuries but I pray that he can make a full recovery in time.
Thank you for all your prayers. It would be wonderful for him to FEEL the prayers healing his body & I just pray for peace for his family.
Please send this prayer request to everyone you can. Along with the excellent doctors at Metro, hopefully we can help him heal.
Thank you again
Jenn

Thanks for your prayers. They can make miracles happen!

Lory

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, You patiently endured the scourging and wounding of your sacred body, that You may save the souls and bodies of your people. Look now graciously on the suffering body of your servant Chris, and give him the strength to patiently bear whatever awaits him. Bless the people and all the means which will be used to restore him to health; and grant that he may accept his bodily sufferings as a means of reparation for the salvation of his soul. For You, O Christ our God and Savior, are merciful; and we give glory to You, together with Your eternal Father, and Your all-holy and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and forever. Amen.

Deacon El

Lord have mercy!

Lord Jesus you are a God of Miracles, please for Chris Kimmel and his family, those who love him, and know him, especially the wife and children, let them see your handy work Jesus and know you peace. Lord have mercy!

Blessed Lord,
we ask your loving care and protection for those who are sick
in body, mind, or spirit and who desire our prayers.
Take from them all fears and help them put their trust in you,
that they may feel your strong arms around them.
Touch them with your renewing love,
that they may know wholeness in you and glorify your name,
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God,
now and for ever.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for Chris' recovery from these terrible injuries and his full rehabilitation and return to the loving arms of his family. Prayers also for his wife, Nancy, and their children, that they be strengthened in this time of crisis and consoled by their faith in God and love for their husband and father.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Prayers, may Chris and his family be comforted, may his recovery be without complications...

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.