The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
More than 100 Canadian-Arab Christians are listed on an Al Qaeda affiliated website, apparently targeted because of their alleged role in attempting to convert Muslims.

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/910167

May our Lord have mercy and may the Archangel Michael protect them with his might!

More than 100 Canadian-Arab Christians are listed on an Al Qaeda affiliated website, apparently targeted because of their alleged role in attempting to convert Muslims.

Al Qaeda-affiliated website targets Arab Christians in Canada [thestar.com]

Thought people might want to read this story.

Shlomo Ray,

This story really burns my buns.

Originally Posted by Ray S.

To me this shows the weakness of Islam. That Al-Qaeda has to promote murder in order to keep people Muslim, shows how much they (Muslims) have to fear from the Truth of the Cross. I respect Islam, that is practiced as it is suppose to be practiced, but I have no respect for any faith or person that has to use fear and murder in order to keep people a part of that faith.

Fush BaShlomo,
Yuhannon

P
OP Offline
P
There is already a thread with this topic elsewhere on the Byzantine Forum.

https://www.byzcath.org/forums/ubbt...eda-affiliated%20website%20ta#Post357360

Moderator Note - threads have been merged.

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 12/23/10 05:42 AM.
Originally Posted by Yuhannon
Shlomo Ray,

This story really burns my buns.

Originally Posted by Ray S.

To me this shows the weakness of Islam. That Al-Qaeda has to promote murder in order to keep people Muslim, shows how much they (Muslims) have to fear from the Truth of the Cross. I respect Islam, that is practiced as it is suppose to be practiced, but I have no respect for any faith or person that has to use fear and murder in order to keep people a part of that faith.

Fush BaShlomo,
Yuhannon

Dear Yuhannon,

Whatever gave you the idea that Al Queda misunderstands how Islam should really be practiced? If "the prophet" was truly perfect example of perfect man to follow for all times as ALL denominations of Islam affirm than there is nothing wrong with what Al Queda is doing because Mo himself took part in murder, beheading, piracy, rape, incest and pedophilia. None of these is secret information but is rather readily available in Islamic "holy scripture".

Looking at Islamic history we can not find this mythical peaceful Islam that only exists in some people's minds.

C
C
What comprehensive Catholic/Orthodox resources exist, including web sites, to aid in conversion of Muslims? Could this be a fruitful endeavor for a "joint venture?"

S
S
You just gave all our holy hierarchs a holy heart attack.

C
C
Ah, finally.... Unity

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.