The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
And, congratulations to my brother and friend, Filipe, on his journalistic coup in the Portuguese speaking world.

I think the symbolism of the three priests, 1 from Western Europe, 1 from Ukraine, and 1 from the Americas is wonderful - it would be nice were there also 1 from Australia - but they didn't ask my opinion, oh well.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
T
T
Some photos of the Synod are on page 3 in the current issue of "The Way".

http://www.ukrarcheparchy.us/way/THEWAY110327ENG.pdf

G
G
Does anyone know if there will be a webcast of the enthronement of the new patriarch this Sunday?

F
F
Glory to IC XC!

Yes, according to www.ugcc.org.ua [ugcc.org.ua] you will be able to watch the Hierarchial Liturgy online. Here is the text:

Уведення на престол Глави УГКЦ покажуть в прямому ефірі ТВі і 5 каналу

У неділю, 27 березня, з 10 години ранку 5 канал та телеканал ТВі транслюватимуть наживо з Патріаршого собору Воскресіння Христового у Києві інтронізацію новообраного Предстоятеля УГКЦ. Також на офіційній веб-сторінці УГКЦ буде організована інтернет-трансляція події.

На церемонію інтронізації до Патріаршого собору Воскресіння Христового у Києві запрошено біля тисячі гостей. Це представники всіх єпархій та екзархатів УГКЦ, державної та місцевої влади, місцевих та міжнародних громадських організацій та різних конфесій і релігійних організацій.

John
John
Originally Posted by Father Valerian
Glory to IC XC!

Yes, according to www.ugcc.org.ua [ugcc.org.ua] you will be able to watch the Hierarchial Liturgy online. Here is the text:

Уведення на престол Глави УГКЦ покажуть в прямому ефірі ТВі і 5 каналу

У неділю, 27 березня, з 10 години ранку 5 канал та телеканал ТВі транслюватимуть наживо з Патріаршого собору Воскресіння Христового у Києві інтронізацію новообраного Предстоятеля УГКЦ. Також на офіційній веб-сторінці УГКЦ буде організована інтернет-трансляція події.

На церемонію інтронізації до Патріаршого собору Воскресіння Христового у Києві запрошено біля тисячі гостей. Це представники всіх єпархій та екзархатів УГКЦ, державної та місцевої влади, місцевих та міжнародних громадських організацій та різних конфесій і релігійних організацій.
The following is an electronic translation:

Introduction to the throne of Cardinal show broadcast live on Channel 5 and TVi

On Sunday, March 27, from 10 am TV Channel 5 and broadcast live TVi Patriarchal Cathedral of the Resurrection in Kyiv the enthronement of the newly elected Primate of the Church. Also on the official website will be organized Church Internet broadcast events.

At the enthronement ceremony for the Patriarchal Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ in Kiev, about a thousand invited guests. That representatives of all dioceses and Exarchate Church, state and local authorities, local and international NGOs and different faiths and religious organizations.

G
G
Thanks so much!

A question though.

By official website, is that referring to the UGCC website or to the websites of Channel 5 and TVi?

That's very good news, however what is the website address for the live broadcast of the Enthronement?

V
V
Originally Posted by griego catolico
Thanks so much!

A question though.

By official website, is that referring to the UGCC website or to the websites of Channel 5 and TVi?

Hi. By official site, http://www.ugcc.org.ua/, that means an internet feed (probably not video I assume, but internet commentary) I think.

In order to watch live, I assume one has to have ordered Channel 5 to watch. I think, however, video of the enthronement must surely be posted somewhere thereafter. There is a youtube channel that uploads videos sometimes from the UGCC a couple of days after some events. I'll have to check. I don't receive these tv channels from Ukraine either.

V
V
Just a follow-up. If anyone does try to follow the events, don't forget the time difference between Ukraine and here. Again, the UGCC site mentions in Ukrainian that they will provide an internet feed of the enthronement but, as I said above, I am not sure if they mean video feed or just typed commentary and update of the events.

T
T
Father Athanasius McVay comparison of this week's election with the selection of Patriarch Josyf Slipyj.

http://annalesecclesiaeucrainae.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-history-election-of-sviatoslav.html

O
O
I didn't see the Enthronement as I was on my way to Church .

The first feed that my Godfather managed to get had no audio but the second one http://5.ua/live/ had sound.

All three Hierarchs from the Ukrainian Orthodox Churches were present !!

The Patriarch was referred to as just that - the Patriarch by everyone - clergy and Commentators alike smile

Sadly the feed collapsed during the Liturgy frown

L
L
I am hoping for a YouTube video...

It was good to see Patriarch Gregorios III there beside the new Ukrainian Patriarch. One wonders if he concelebrated at the Liturgy.

Great speaker looks too young and skinny to be a patriarch. Neverless his youth aNd energy will be a great asset as he leads the Ugcc! May God bless His Beatitude Sviatoslav!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.