The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
JamesOrange, elisha, Samuil, Daniel Daniel, Ned Hodge
5,975 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,383
Posts416,706
Members5,975
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
Originally Posted by Fr Serge Keleher
What time is the installation Divine Liturgy in Boston?

2PM according to the cathedral's bulletin: http://www.melkitecathedral.org/bulletin/bulletin.pdf

Save the Date
The Enthronement of the Most Reverend Bishop Nicholas J. Samra as Eparch of the Diocese of Newton will take place on Tuesday, August 23 at 2:00 p.m. in our
Cathedral

S
S
Continental and Delta also fly non-stop Dublin to New York.

Wonderful insights of His Grace Nicholas! Thanks for the register.

His Grace Issam has not been installed yet in Zahle's Eparchy, he will be installed in the paramonia of Dormition, as you can see below.

And Arch. Robert is going to be ordained in mid-september, yes, in Lebanon.

I will look for provide some photos of Archbishop Cyril's installation.

News of Lebanon
On 22 July at the Cathedral of Saint Elias, Beirut, Archbishop Joseph Kallas installed his successor, Archbishop Cyril Boustros, as Bishop of Beirut.

On 5 August, the Eve of the Transfiguration, the Basilian Order of the Most Holy Saviour will be celebrating the tercentenary of its foundation under the patronage of the President of the Lebanese Republic, Michel Sleiman and in the presence of His Beatitude, Patriarch Gregorios III, and the Superior General of the Order, Jean Faraj. His Beatitude will also celebrate the Feast of the Transfiguration in the monastery by presiding at the Divine Liturgy on 6 August.

On 13 August, the new Bishop of Zahleh, Issam Darwish, will arrive to be installed by his predecessor in post, Andre Haddad, during the Divine Liturgy on 14 August, in readiness for the celebration of the Feast of the Dormition, on 15 August, the Patronal Feast of the Cathedral, when the new bishop will preside.

http://pgc-lb.org/english/News4_Summer-2011-News.html

F
OP Offline
F
I have had bad experiences with Continental.

Fr. Serge

Too bad Ryan Air doesn't fly to the USA and have business class.

F
OP Offline
F
True!

Being a technological moron as I am, could someone kindly look up the Business Class cost and schedule of Delta? Thanks.

Fr.Serge

Last edited by Fr Serge Keleher; 08/09/11 03:31 PM.
It looks like Delta is around 4,000 euros to Laguardia, and 3,100 euros to JFK, and about 3,100-3,400 euros to Boston (leave Dublin Monday morning and go back Wednesday).

S
S
I saw 2860 Euros. But I posited a one week stay including a weekend.

F
OP Offline
F
Good grief - these prices are ridiculous. I can't stay over the weekend, unfortunately.

Fr. Serge

G
G
For those of us who will be unable to attend the enthronement, has there been any discussion of broadcasting it via the 'net?

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I suspect that it will be filmed by TeleLuminiere (?sp), but other than that, I doubt it.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
I was posting total price, which was below the 2800 (fees and taxes, I think). It does seem to be pretty high, maybe because of the Monday flight.

F
OP Offline
F
A friend in England misunderstood and thought the enthronement would be in late September, when the cost goes down to some degree. He almost booked tickets for me for a week in late September - when I have no reason to go and could not go - but had the good success in telephoning me just now. The riots in England have been "extraordinary".

Fr. Serge

D
D
Originally Posted by StuartK
Some day, I hope to be able to fly first class, just once.

A few years ago, I was flying here for a conference (during my eastern exile).

I got to my seat (coach; university . . .)', and not only was there someone in it, but someone else was claiming it, too!

The man in the seat asked to see both our stubs, and announced it was my seat--and that this was my lucky day.

He very much needed to speak to the man in the next seat. He handed me his stub, and told me that I was now "Mr. smith."

It was a wonderful flight . . .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2023 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.