The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,751
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
OP Offline
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Received this e-mail from the folks at St. Michael's Russian Catholic Church in NYC:
Dn. Robert

Dear All,
> I just got word that Fr Serge is in hospital in Dublin. I do not know
> the cause yet but understand he is in stable condition. Please join
> us in praying for his swift recovery.
> Dcn. Methodios/Thomas

My unworthy but humble prayer that our beloved forum friend, Father Serge will be relieved and recovered of whatever has put him in hospital.

Lord have mercy on our friend, Father Serge!

In Christ,
Alice

E
E
i got an update!

==

Fr. Serge's condition improved when he got a drip and some meds. It is not clear what the exact problem is but he has an infection in one leg, some lung problem and his normal complaints. Since he fell early in the year he has not taken any exercise. He goes from bed to computer chair. I hope the docs can stabilize him and ORDER him to take physio therapy and exercise. He is in St James's Hospital, the Mary Mercer Ward.

===

Lord have mercy!

Please, let's all pray for the recovery of Father Serge!! People are not sent to hospital for health matters that are not fairly serious!

Thank you,
Alice, Moderator

Prayers for Fr. Serge, may the Lord comfort and strengthen His servant...

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for the recovery of our dear friend and fellow forum member, Father Serge, that he be restored to health and his active ministry

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
My prayers for God's humble servant, Father Serge. May the Lord bless him.

S
S
I'll place a candle for his intentions before the icon of the Mother of God when I am at St. Seraphim's in Dallas for DL this morning.

D
DMD Offline
D
Lord, have mercy on your servant the Priest, Serge.

J
JLF Offline
J
All, here is an update on Fr Serge by way of an email from James Carr in Dublin to Bishop Hlib, who is currently in Argentina:

"Currently, Fr Serge is heavily sedated in Saint James's Hospital in Dublin, recovering from surgery to stop internal bleeding in his stomach, with a tube in his stomach to deal with with this internal bleeding. Initially, he was admitted to hospital with extremely swollen legs, and suspected pneumonia. It was only when he started to bleed, and started to cough up blood; something more serious was suspected.

From the conversation, that I had with Paul (his house mate) it would appear that he is also being treated for a 'fatty liver', and that a significant cause of his problems are due to the cholesterol-lowering statin drug that he was taking. During our telephone conversation, Paul did acknowledge to me that this is very serious, and it is not looking particularly good for Fr Serge. This afternoon, at 2:30 pm (Saturday), Paul is going to the hospital to see Fr Serge, and he will have an update on his condition later on today. I have arranged to call him in the evening, and if I have any further news developments, I will e-mail you this evening."

Please continue your prayers for Fr Serge, who seems to be in very serious condition.

Jack

O
O
Prayers continue for Fr Serge - there will be candles lit in Edinburgh tomorrow

John
John
Prayers for healing!

S
S
I'll light a candle in Star of the Sea, Sandymount in the morning...

Prayers and more prayers for our dear, dear friend and poster, Father Serge! May our Lord have mercy!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for our beloved friend, Father Serge, that the Lord hold him close and restore him to health.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.