Newest Members
Canicus, SilverRose, reenyo, YAA_23, Edna_Obal
5026 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Fr. Al, UkrCathLDN, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Agia Sophia
"IconoFan 2" at St. Thekla Monastery Chapel
Father Archimandrite Januarius (Izzo), OFM
Can anyone identify what tradition this star might be from?
Lost Community in Lynch, KY
Forum Stats
5026 Members
26 Forums
33133 Topics
401779 Posts

Max Online: 2716 @ 06/07/12 04:10 PM
Topic Options
#376970 - 03/07/12 12:42 AM The Apparitiions in Damascus by Christian Ravaz
JEK Offline

Loc: USA
The Apparitions in Damascus by Christian Ravaz (with a preface by Father Rene Laurentin) is a very interesting book in relationship to the Our Lady of Soufanich icon which is the source of holy oil in Damascus, Syria.

It is the story of Myrna, a Melkite Greek Catholic who has received apparitions from the Virgin Mary and her husband, Nicholas Nazzour, who is Eastern Orthodox.

The book is approximately 160 pages but it is a very intriguing story to read

It is online also:

http://www.soufanieh.com/ENGLISH/eravaz.htm

http://www.soufanieh.com/menuenglish.htm

#376987 - 03/07/12 02:43 AM Re: The Apparitiions in Damascus by Christian Ravaz [Re: JEK]
Paul B Offline

Loc: PA
I like your Slav spelling of Soufanieh. smile

#376990 - 03/07/12 03:15 AM Re: The Apparitiions in Damascus by Christian Ravaz [Re: Paul B]
JEK Offline

Loc: USA
Paul B, my most sincere apologies, my bad, yes, Our Lady of Soufanieh, as the day wears on my eyes tend to become blurred a bit, but, if it gets people interested in the book, all the better! grin

Moderator:  Alice, Father Deacon Ed, theophan 

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. Contents copyright - 1996-2014. All rights reserved.