The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
I hope that she doesn't mind me posting this, but our dear Pani Rose who always prays for us and is selfless in never asking prayers for herself, is in need of our prayers for herself...

As you know, she lost her beloved husband a few months ago, and that coupled with illness right now, and taking care of an elderly father are becoming a bit too much for her to bare.

Her trust in our Lord Jesus Christ has always been an inspiration to us on this forum, and I know that He will not foresake her, but in times of trial, the help of the prayers of brothers and sisters in Christ helping to carry another's cross in prayer, always brings comfort and speedy resolution.

So *please*--Let's pray for this tough patch she is going through on so many fronts will pass quickly.

Lord have mercy on our beloved sister in Christ, Pani Rose!

In Christ,
Alice

Lord have mercy on Pani Rose and by her prayers may we be rescued.

O
O
Prayers for Pani Rose

S
S
She is remembered in prayer here.

C
C
May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ enfold her into his arms and protect Pani Rose and bring her through these painful times.

Prayers to be expanded...

May our Merciful Lord accept the sufferings offered by Pani Rose, and reward her just as He did for Job.

Fr Deacon Paul

Oh, thank you, Alice, for posting this. She has been heavily on my heart for several days ...

O Most Holy Theotokos, spread your mantle of tenderness upon our beloved sister. Even as the Church is moving through Lent -- our eyes on the Cross, our hope in the Resurrection -- our dear sister Rose is walking a painful path, ever-mindful of the power of death, struggling to see past the shroud of darkness. Hold her close in your mercy, lifting her to the compassion of your Son.

O Lord Jesus Christ, look with kindness on your handmaiden. Wipe the tears from her eyes; lift the burdens of her heart; breathe peace into her spirit; be the Light in her time of Darkness. Assure her at all times and in all places of your unfailing Love for her, and help us to hold her steady when the rest of her world is crumbling.

We remember, too, Lord, Rose's beloved husband, Deacon Stan. Grant your faithful servant a blessed repose in a place where there is no pain, no grief, no sighing, but everlasting Life.

S
S
Prayers for Pani Rose.

From the Book of Common Prayer, 1979. Each petition could close "let us ask the Lord...Grant this, O Lord"

In peace, let us pray to the Lord.

Almighty God, who hast knit together thine elect in one
communion and fellowship, in the mystical body of thy Son
Christ our Lord: Grant, we beseech thee, to thy whole
Church in paradise and on earth, thy light and thy peace.
Amen.

Grant that all who have been baptized into Christ's death and
resurrection may die to sin and rise to newness of life, and
that through the grave and gate of death we may pass with
him to our joyful resurrection. Amen.

Grant to us who are still in our pilgrimage, and who walk as
yet by faith, that thy Holy Spirit may lead us in holiness and
righteousness all our days. Amen.

Grant to thy faithful people pardon and peace, that we may
be cleansed from all our sins, and serve thee with a quiet
mind. Amen.

Grant to all who mourn a sure confidence in thy fatherly
care, that, casting all their grief on thee, they may know the
consolation of thy love. Amen.

Give courage and faith to those who are bereaved, that they
may have strength to meet the days ahead in the comfort of a
reasonable and holy hope, in the joyful expectation of eternal
life with those they love. Amen.

Help us, we pray, in the midst of things we cannot understand,
to believe and trust in the communion of saints, the forgiveness
of sins, and the resurrection to life everlasting. Amen.

Grant us grace to entrust Deacon Stan to thy never-failing love; receivehim into the arms of thy mercy, and remember him according
to the favor which thou bearest unto thy people. Amen.

Grant us, with all who have died in the hope of the
resurrection, to have our consummation and bliss in thy
eternal and everlasting glory, and, with [blessed N and]
all thy saints, to receive the crown of life which thou dost
promise to all who share in the victory of thy Son Jesus
Christ; who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy
Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited by Thomas the Seeker; 03/16/12 03:52 AM.
There are no words, only tears of thankfulness to and for each one of you. Those who posted and those who took a minute to stop and read, God bless you all!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for my dear sister and friend, Pani Rose. As Alice said, Rose has prayed with all of us and for all of us these many years, both here and on other prayer fora. May the Holy Theotokos watch over her with love and strengthen her in her efforts to deal with these burdens of love and caring that have been placed before her. May God look upon all the prayers that she herself has raised to Heaven for others and visit His mercy upon her tenfold.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
S
S
We're entrusting her, all her burdens and cares, and Fr. Deacon Stan (may his memory be eternal) to the Mother of God by placing today the lampada before our icon of her.

Prayers for you dear Pani Rose, as you prayed for me. smile

Y'all when your parents get older, my dad is 86, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch out for unscrupulous people. It is one of those things that you think can never happen to you or your loved ones.

Today, God in his majesty, did such amazing works for us. We were hoping for just one of the necessary pieces to fall into place, but a number of them did.

Now this may sound like one of those soap operas( don't know they call them that), that is not the kind of life I am use to leading. Not at all! It was totally crazy!!! But, I want/need to share this to say. WATCH OUT! It happens fast, before you know it, it becomes the craziest maze you have ever seen.

Your prayers have helped so much! I was able to hold strong, and my body went into spasm right at the end - I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy with Dystonic Spasms - and I had to get off the road. But, I held up till the end. You see, they were not only forging checks on him, they had gotten his car which has a power lift for his power chair, he has agreed to move to assisted living ( with my crazy body, I cant take care of him), and he gave me P of A. Not to mention the $$$$ I have spent tying to keep things straight for him. God is putting it all in order.

My dad ended up in the hospital with his heart. The way my son got things to change by God's grace, was I had gotten so sick from the stress and my spasms were totally out of control, he forbid my dad to have any contact with me. I guess it made him think about the choices he ws making. Today was amazing, how God moved things together so smoothly.

The really cool thing though, I knew I had a lot of anger and unforgiveness in my heart towards my dad,that I had never dealt with. Through this all it is gone, ot just mine but my kids.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.