Newest Members
mayordaily, Doreen, SdnMatthew, Ambrosian, HSN44
5013 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (JPS, Pani Rose), 69 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Father Archimandrite Januarius (Izzo), OFM
Can anyone identify what tradition this star might be from?
Lost Community in Lynch, KY
Patriarch Gregory at EWTN
Panagia's Tears Prayer Rope
Forum Stats
5013 Members
26 Forums
33059 Topics
401117 Posts

Max Online: 2716 @ 06/07/12 04:10 PM
Topic Options
eastandwest.jpg
Eastern and Western images of Our Blessed Lady
Image Details
Poster MariyaNJ Offline
Posted 11/22/12 05:13 PM
Description
Inside of the side chapel of the Sacred Heart RC Church in Suffern, NY
Dimensions 640x480
Size 62.66 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#388429 - 11/24/12 11:47 AM Re: Eastern and Western images of Our Blessed Lady [Re: MariyaNJ]
Irish Melkite Offline
Global Moderator

Loc: Massachusetts
Nice photo, Mariya. I like the contrast.

Many years,

Neil
"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."

#388459 - 11/25/12 07:50 PM Re: Eastern and Western images of Our Blessed Lady [Re: Irish Melkite]
Mariya DS Offline

Loc: Texas
This is me, Mariya, using a new account because I'm having trouble logging into mine. Yeah, it's a nice picture and I actually have a vintage book published in 1954 entitled [i]Mary, God's Masterpice[/i], and it says:

In this Marian Year, 1954, the Redemptorists lovingly dedicate this little book to our Blessed Lady under her chosen title of PERPETUAL HELP. As sons of St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori, one of the foremost champions of the Immaculate Conception, they offer this humble tribute to

MARY, GOD'S MASTERPIECE

May this Madonna from the East, so ardently received and cherished by the nations of the West, be a lasting bond between them! May this Marian link help to bring about the much desired union of the separated Oriental Churches with that of Rome!

Moderator:  Administrator, Father Anthony 

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. Contents copyright - 1996-2014. All rights reserved.