The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (theophan), 185 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,720
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#388462 11/26/12 12:45 AM
OP Offline
Hi guys, I'm really in a dark place right now and I wanted to ask for prayers for recovery and/or healing. Thank you.

S
S
I will pray for you.

Khristos posredi nas!

The true light of God will always shine upon you, even in the deepest of darkness.

G
G
I will pray for you also.

KOlya

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for your recovery and well-being!

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Where you in combat?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ray S.
Where you in combat?

No, just a lot of trauma growing up, spread over a long period of time. Other mental illnesses going untreated, bullying, dealing with involuntary treatment, being kicked out of home and so on. It's more-so what they'd called Complex PTSD... which unfortunately isn't in the diagnostic manual yet. However, I have had severe social anxiety, flashbacks, mood disturbances, identity issues, anxiety, depression, moments of being triggered by events similar to my past and freaking the hell out and getting violent, and on and on. So for all intents and purposes even my nurse practitioner thinks it looks like PTSD. I just happen to have other disorders along with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.