The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
John
OP Offline
John
I have had a request for the texts for a Divine Liturgy for Life from a priest who wishes to use them on Friday, the Anniversary of the Roe v Wade decision that created a 'right' to kill children in the womb. After I updated the texts and prepared the file to e-mail I thought of posting it here for all who might wish to use it. Please re-distribute it as you wish.

The texts are "ad usum privatum". The file is a pdf.

2010-01-20:5:00 PM - I updated the file to correct several minor errors. Please download again if you wish to use it.

Attached Images
Attached PDF document
Texts for a Divine Liturgy for Life.pdf (97.32 KB, 18831 downloads)
S
S
Very well done, John. I sent it on to several of my friends.

Thank you, John; this is greatly appreciated.

If a more abbreviated petitions for the Etene is desireable the following is offered:

LITURGICAL PETITIONS FOR LIFE
Father David Petras has graciously provided EKTENE petitions to be added when appropriate during the Divine Liturgy.
DEACON: Again we pray for the fullness and abundance of life, and respect on the part of all people for the gift of life that you have given so generously, we pray you, O Lord, hear us and have mercy.
RESPONSE: Lord have mercy
DEACON: Again we pray for the protection of all human life, from conception to its natural completion, and that no one compromise this gift in any way, we pray you, O Lord, hear us and have mercy.
DEACON: Again we pray for those in the service of life, for those entrusted with its protection, and that they may be completely faithful to your commands, and for the well-being of those who do your will, we pray you, hear us and have mercy.

Offering my prayers that God may grant blessings upon your endeavors,
Fr Deacon Paul
Pro-Life Office, Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Other good material (albeit from a Western, Lutheran perspective) may be found here for free download:

Lutherans For Life 2010 Life Sunday Downloads [lutheransforlife.org]

I would like to enlist your help to boost the involvement of Lutherans for next years West Coast Walk For Life.
Stephanos I
Is there some way we can get the word out about this event.
This year there were 50,000 people next year I would like to see 100,000.

Well done Administrator!!!

R
R
Do you support 40 days for Life I stood watch in Pittsburgh at Planned Parenthood for the unborn. Renee

Renee:

Glory be to Jesus Christ!!

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

R
R
Slava vo viki

Glad to be a part of this forum....renee

Originally Posted by renee harris
Do you support 40 days for Life I stood watch in Pittsburgh at Planned Parenthood for the unborn. Renee

Our Byzantine Catholic day at Pittsburgh 40 Days for Life was Tuesday, March 5. We prayed the Office of Consolation for the victims, advocates and wounded of abortion.

Deacon Paul

D
D
Originally Posted by Administrator
I have had a request for the texts for a Divine Liturgy for Life from a priest who wishes to use them on Friday, the Anniversary of the Roe v Wade decision that created a 'right' to kill children in the womb. After I updated the texts and prepared the file to e-mail I thought of posting it here for all who might wish to use it. Please re-distribute it as you wish.

2010-01-20:5:00 PM - I updated the file to correct several minor errors. Please download again if you wish to use it.

Tried to read this hoping it would be something I could use elsewhere in support of the alive but not yet born? Unfortunately, I received a default message telling me I cannot access the download.

Maybe this can be rectified?

Doug

John
OP Offline
John
I've had a few emails in recent months by people who cannot access the files. However, it works just fine for me. If just clicking on the file does not prompt a dialog to save or open it, try right clicking. Please let me know if this works. If not, send an email to the website and I will email the file to you.

Originally Posted by Administrator

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Administrator John,

You said, "The texts are "ad usum privatum".' Which, though I don't know Latin, I'm assuming means to be used privately. If this is meant to be used in the Divine Liturgy, how can it be used privately?

Thank you,

Manuel

S
S
We make no claim to being an officially promulgated translation, but if an individual priest wants to use it, that's his business, not ours.

Originally Posted by renee harris

Hi Renee. If you're still out there, our Byzantine Catholics of Pittsburgh day at the Liberty Avenue Planned Parenthood is Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 7-11 AM. At 10:45 we will celebrate a Moleben for the Sacredness of Life and Supplication for the Victims of Abortion.

All are welcome. Last spring the Roman Catholics prayed it along with us and I especially directed my prayers for the conversion and salvation of those inside the building.

Christ is amongst us,
Deacon Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.