The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tammy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Just to let you all know, Chaplets & Chotkis is going out of business, for a SECOND time, and this time for good! I regret having sold my url a few years ago, because when I reopened with the new url http://www.chaplets-chotkis.com, I no longer had the search engine standing that I had with my old url. I have been constantly lowering prices to less than it cost me for the supplies, in an attempt to make SOME sales rather than NONE!

After a great deal of prayer and soul-searching, I have decided to leave up my site for the next couple of months, but not renew it when my current webhosting plan expires at the end of September.

Thank you all for the support you've given me over the years, especially Alex, who helped me get the whole thing started in the beginning, and gave me information on various forms of prayer beads I had never heard of, like the Mequteria.

Thank you all!
Tammy
www.chaplets-chotkis.com [chaplets-chotkis.com] (for now...)

Very sorry to hear that, Tammy! It's like the end of an era . . .

How are you, otherwise?

Your humble beadsman,

Alex

T
Tammy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Dear Alex,
Thank you for asking. Frankly, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis about 10 years ago. Since that time, I’ve been coasting along, doing things my usual way, and choosing not to use the medications out there because I don’t believe in them. The current way of treating MS is to attack the autoimmune system so that it doesn’t attack the nerve cells, and my attitude toward that is, “What, tell me I have a chronic disease and then take away my remaining health by taking away my immune system? No, thanks!” So anyway, I’ve been doing just fine until the past few months, when I seem to have taken a turn for the worse. I can’t sleep well because I have to use the restroom every hour – or sometimes every 15 minutes! And I don’t have the dexterity to do beading any more, either. Even typing is a major chore – and it’s the biggest part of my job!

So here I go, trying to find a different direction than beading to apply my interests.

In Christ,
Tammy

Dear Tammy,

I am so very sorry! I will pray in earnest for you!

I don't know what else to say.

Alex

Lord have mercy!

Tammy, I will pray for you tonight.

Ray

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Tammy I will keep you in my prayers. I have been on Rebif for approximately 8-10 years now. I have not had another relapse in that time.

God bless you with renewed strength and healing Tammy!

B
B
Prayers for you.

Originally Posted by byzanTN
Prayers for you.

Mine too, dear Tammy--feel better.

God bless,
Alice

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.