The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403149 01/23/14 06:47 PM
Ray S. Offline OP
OP Offline
incredible 15 weeks aborted baby [youtube.com]

Just remind everyone what the march is about.

Ray S. #403155 01/24/14 08:53 AM

A Prayer given at a Pro-life Rally on January 22, 2014

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who wast conceived by the will of the Father and by the power of the Holy Spirit, and wast made flesh in the womb of the Holy Virgin for our salvation and for the life of the world; Who while yet in the womb of Thy Mother wast acknowledged and worshipped as God in the flesh by John the Forerunner who leapt for joy in his mother’s womb:

Thou art the same Lord who spoke through the prophet David saying, “Thou didst form my inward parts, Thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. For by Thine incarnation Thou hast made our human nature holy and sanctified in every stage of life – our conception by Thy sinless Conception, our infancy by being born as an infant, our childhood in perfect obedience to Thy Father, and our whole life through Thy life-giving and saving death and resurrection.

For all of this we praise Thee, we bless Thee, we worship Thee, we glorify Thee, and we give thanks unto Thee who hast poured out Thy great love and mercy to all mankind. And we pray Thee: purify and consecrate us for this ministry that we may become an offering well-pleasing unto Thee.

Look upon us who have gathered in Thy Name to give voice to the voiceless, and to cry out for those whose cries have been extinguished. And forgive us who have fallen short and sinned against Thee.

For Thou, O Author of life, who art the Way, the Truth, and the Life, desireth not the death of a sinner but that he should turn and live; yet too often we have slept while our brethren have been deceived by the father of lies. Therefore, with contrite heart we fall down before Thee and cry out with the Publican, “God, be merciful to me a sinner.” For just as we have crucified Thee again, our sinless Lord, by our sins, we have also allowed the most innocent among us to be led to the slaughter. And though Rachel wept for her children, we have not begun to shed tears enough for the millions who have been killed at the hands of the wise and prudent among us.

Forgive us, O Lord, for by our silence the evil one is given voice.
Forgive us, O Lord, for while we remain indifferent, the devil rejoices.
Aided by our sloth, the author of evil, who never sleeps, works with diligence, planting the seeds of deception in the soil of our society.

Drive out and dispel the subtle lies of the evil one from the hearts and minds of all people. Enlighten the eyes of their understanding darkened by self-centeredness and apathy. O Light of the Word, let Thy light overcome the darkness of ignorance and deception.

Dispel the lie that life does not begin at conception.
Dispel the lie that an embryo is not a person.
Dispel the lie that we are the “gods” of our own bodies.
Dispel the lie that we are unaccountable for our deeds.
Dispel the lie that death is a better end than being “unwanted.”
Dispel the lie that convenience is the path to happiness.
Dispel the lie that abortion is a form of “healthcare.”
Dispel the lie that a woman has the “right” to choose murder without also murdering her own soul.

Grant, O Lord, repentance, forgiveness, and healing to the mothers and fathers of aborted babies. To the doctors, nurses, and hosts of accomplices responsible for this infanticide, grant tears of repentance; so that they can run to Thee for forgiveness and healing and thus save their souls from eternal pain.

And so, O Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior, as Thou didst shed Thy precious Blood upon the Cross for the salvation of all mankind: receive the souls of all the innocent pre-born babies, who have been, are being, or will be slaughtered in the hospitals and abortion chambers throughout our nation; for their blood crieth out with the blood of righteous Abel.[7] Grant that they may rejoice with the righteous in the unending Day of Thy Kingdom.

For Thy love is boundless and Thy mercy endureth forever, and to Thee we send up glory, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Father Michael
Three Hierarchs Orthodox Christian Church

Last edited by Recluse; 01/24/14 08:54 AM.
Ray S. #403157 01/24/14 10:27 AM
Amen.

I don't recall the source of this prayer, probably here on Byzcath:

O most merciful Lord, the Giver of Life: we entreat You, look with compassion and tender mercy upon Your children who have been condemned to death by abortion.

You who said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me and forbid them not, for to such is the Kingdom of Heaven," do now, we humbly pray, grant the inheritance of Your Eternal Kingdom to the multitude of innocents who have perished in their mothers' wombs by the unjust judgement of men.

We beseech you to soften the hearts of mothers and fathers who would seek to destroy Your little ones. Pour out upon them Your Divine grace that they may be convicted in their hearts and turn from their evil ways to embrace the True Faith. Upon those who have committed this cruelty: render not unto them according to their deeds, but rather have mercy upon them. Pierce their hearts with compunction and make their eyes stream with tears of repentence, joining their weeping with that of Rachel over her beloved children.

For You are a merciful God, the Giver of Life and the Lover of Mankind, and to You we render glory, with Your eternal Father and All-Holy Spirit, now and always and forever and ever.
Amen.

PS

Recluse, where was this rally? Just curious.

Last edited by Thomas the Seeker; 01/24/14 10:46 AM.
Originally Posted by Thomas the Seeker
Amen.

I don't recall the source of this prayer, probably here on Byzcath:

O most merciful Lord, the Giver of Life: we entreat You, look with compassion and tender mercy upon Your children who have been condemned to death by abortion.

You who said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me and forbid them not, for to such is the Kingdom of Heaven," do now, we humbly pray, grant the inheritance of Your Eternal Kingdom to the multitude of innocents who have perished in their mothers' wombs by the unjust judgement of men.

We beseech you to soften the hearts of mothers and fathers who would seek to destroy Your little ones. Pour out upon them Your Divine grace that they may be convicted in their hearts and turn from their evil ways to embrace the True Faith. Upon those who have committed this cruelty: render not unto them according to their deeds, but rather have mercy upon them. Pierce their hearts with compunction and make their eyes stream with tears of repentence, joining their weeping with that of Rachel over her beloved children.

For You are a merciful God, the Giver of Life and the Lover of Mankind, and to You we render glory, with Your eternal Father and All-Holy Spirit, now and always and forever and ever.
Amen.

PS

Recluse, where was this rally? Just curious.

Another beautiful prayer. Thank you Thomas.

I am led to believe that the prayer was recited by Fr. Michael at the Washington D.C. pro-life march a couple of days ago.

Ray S. #403163 01/24/14 12:58 PM
Christ is amongst us!

Here is a simple truth:
Human Life begins at the moment of conception. If one has a fundamental and most basic Christian belief he believes this with all his heart. A believer knows that God became incarnate at the moment of conception. At the Annunciation when the New Eve answered to Gabriel "Be it done to me as you say" God the Son became the human Jesus.

For those who are unsure of their Christian faith it is also a biological and scientific fact that a person exists at conception; a new human and distinct DNA is procreated. It is not a common DNA with the mother nor father, but is distinct. This is not part of the mother's body.

The Dred Scott argument that this new person is property of the mother is totally wrong.

As I go throughout the Archeparchy I am presenting this information to the congregations. I plead with anyone who preaches or prepares church bulletins to spread this truth to our people, so that they will have the knowledge to resist Satan's seducements and deceptions.

Deacon Paul Boboige
Pro-Life Coordinator
Archeparchy of Pittsburgh (Byzantine)

Last edited by Paul B; 01/24/14 12:59 PM.
Paul B #403166 01/24/14 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Paul B
Christ is amongst us!

Here is a simple truth:
Human Life begins at the moment of conception. If one has a fundamental and most basic Christian belief he believes this with all his heart. A believer knows that God became incarnate at the moment of conception. At the Annunciation when the New Eve answered to Gabriel "Be it done to me as you say" God the Son became the human Jesus.

For those who are unsure of their Christian faith it is also a biological and scientific fact that a person exists at conception; a new human and distinct DNA is procreated. It is not a common DNA with the mother nor father, but is distinct. This is not part of the mother's body.

The Dred Scott argument that this new person is property of the mother is totally wrong.

As I go throughout the Archeparchy I am presenting this information to the congregations. I plead with anyone who preaches or prepares church bulletins to spread this truth to our people, so that they will have the knowledge to resist Satan's seducements and deceptions.

Deacon Paul Boboige
Pro-Life Coordinator
Archeparchy of Pittsburgh (Byzantine)

Thank you Deacon. This brings to mind a scenario from about ten years ago.

I was speaking to the wife of a friend. Somehow, the subject touched on abortion. I found out rather quickly that she was a radical feminist. The conversation became a little heated and then I looked at her in the eye and said: "Do you believe that life begins at conception?"

Without batting an eye she quickly and angrily retorted, "No!"

Recluse #403175 01/24/14 05:40 PM
E
E
What we need to bring to the discussion is this simple fact: because it is human life and because God is the author of life, the minute that life in the womb begins, any attack on it is a direct attack on the One Who is the Giver of Life.

Doesn't matter if it is a single fertilized cell or a baby one minute from delivery. It is human life created and given by God, and therefore, any attack upon it is an attack on God.

Recluse #403182 01/24/14 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Recluse
I was speaking to the wife of a friend. Somehow, the subject touched on abortion. I found out rather quickly that she was a radical feminist. The conversation became a little heated and then I looked at her in the eye and said: "Do you believe that life begins at conception?"

Without batting an eye she quickly and angrily retorted, "No!"

++++++++++
This would have been a common answer 10-20 years ago and was the strongest argument that they could come up with. But it's not credible when you bring up DNA and genetics. The respect life proponents need to use logical facts to destroy defense of abortion and convince others that this radical make believe woman's rights abortion argument is foolishness.

The embryonic cell research argument has proven to be foolishness ---even the big pharma companies have quit taking taxpayer money for this loser. Meanwhile ethical adult stem cell research is providing modern medical miracles. The shame is that the human-sacrifice lobbyists deceived so many people and sinfully used taxpayer money for gravely sinful purposes.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.