The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Cae, Cyril_Meth, ruthenianbyz513, Panteleimon, Cabine
5624 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fr. Deacon Lance), 89 guests, and 449 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,808
Posts412,310
Members5,624
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Looking for a picture: brown or black skinned person confessing #403366 02/10/14 03:35 PM
C
CDB1718 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am looking for an image, photographic or artistic, of a brown or black skinned person confessing to a Catholic priest in any of the Byzantine Churches. I want to use it in a guide to Confession. I have images of clerics, monastics, laity, young, middle aged, and old, but I don't have any diversity in the images when it comes to race or physical ability. The images allow the reader to see himself in the depiction so I want to be sure to show the widest variety of people.

An Orthodox source would be acceptable if those depicted would approve of the image being used in a publication by a Catholic. There is nothing that would come close to concerning from an Orthodox standpoint other than that.

If you know of an image that would help or would be willing to take a photograph or paint/draw an image to be used, please contact me.

Re: Looking for a picture: brown or black skinned person confessing [Re: CDB1718] #405054 04/10/14 11:29 PM
Nelson Chase Offline
I would contact Fr. Moses Berry. He is the president of the Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black. Fr. Moses is an African-American OCA priest.

Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.