The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thank you, Deacon Lance, for kindly offering clarification.

R
R
Is the Byzantine Daily Worship Book for sale on line not the one you have? Are they updated versions? I would like very much to own my own set or book of Eastern Liturgy of the Hours. I am a third order franciscan and have been saying the Latin Rite version for years...but I am Byzantine Now and would like to say the hours for our rite. I have said them at the Monestery with our Monks and I don't find it too difficult, but of course we only respond and the have the books in order and they know the form. Please reply with any advice. Thank you, Renee Harris

Byzantine Daily Worship only has the common and a few propers. If you want something with all the propers I would recommend the Melkite Horologion:
https://melkite.org/products-page/horologion

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
To be clear, the Horologion is advertised as having SOME propers for ALL of the days, not ALL the propers (which, would of course make it as long as the Menaion, Pentecostarian, and Triodion put together.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.