The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
DMD Offline
D
I rather agree with Alex and Nataly here on most points in this discussion.

We can not equate the Church's true conservatism with the popular 'conservatism' of the moment - be it in America or the Putinist version of the same in Russia. But I really do not wish to debate 'synergy', 'symphonia' or politics here or, frankly at all anymore, as it is always a rabbit hole to the same dark place.

Call me a cynic...

Last edited by DMD; 07/31/14 10:26 AM.
B
B
But I really do not wish to debate 'synergy', 'symphonia' or politics here or, frankly at all anymore, as it is always a rabbit hole to the same dark place.

Call me a cynic...

I call you a realist!

Thank you, Alex!
It is a pleasure to be on this forum (still to be) and have an opportunity to discuss things like these. But there is a dark and awful atmosphere in Russia now. I have no words to explain what is going on. The most sensitive people feel that we are on the face of a new tragedy... I can still be on the international forum, still have a chance to express my attitude although to such things as politics and the official church. But everything can change in a day. We will wake up once in the morning and will not be able to join forums, Facebook, Youtube and so on. Putin banned food and agricultural imports from countries that have imposed sanctions against Russia. European and American products are forbidden in our home market from today. It is frighten, because it can be beginning of the end, the end of our last hopes for democratic and free Russia.
You can't really understand what is to live in isolation and in a nondemocratic society... I lived my childhood in the USSR and remember how it had been. Dear Alice, DMD and some others, please, don't compare your governments with our, don't compare the situation in America or Canada with Russian. We have a memory of the darkest past and we perceive very painful and cautious every action of our government, because it can lead the country to a new area of totalitarism. Your countries don't face such threat. You are free to express your political views, you can be open minded and you have no cencorship in mass media. I don't know from today what we will be tommorrow: no world wide web, no last democratic radio and newspaper, even no private rights to property (who knows?) and so on.
So, I'm still here. But if you, freinds, find out, that I was not on the forum for a long time, know something is wrong with us here. Then intensify your prayers for us, please!
And for my future husband too wink

Last edited by Nataly; 08/07/14 11:15 AM.
Dearest Nataly,

Prayers for you, prayers for you and our love and concern for you that we feel in our hearts in a very painful way!!

Prayers!

Alex

B
B
Prayers for you Nataly. You and your people deserve much better.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.