The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll, Bradford Roman, Pd1989
5,991 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (San Nicolas), 397 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,392
Posts416,747
Members5,991
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#410563 02/14/15 11:59 AM
E
OP Offline
E

I saw this post on the Covenant blog yesterday, "Daily Office in Your Pocket." It made me think for the first time that having a smart phone might really make sense for me. http://livingchurch.org/covenant/?p=4988

The author's follow up post, "An annotated list of Daily Office apps," has lots of information. http://livingchurch.org/covenant/?p=4988 Though especially thick on Anglican-related apps, the list has a very wide ecclesial reach. I'm sure too that any additions would be welcomed in the comments.

J
JLF Offline
J
Thanks for pointing out this site. I've added a comment with information about our "Byzantine Daily Office" email service (not yet an app!). There were no others English apps or services mentioned.

http://ecpubs.com/daily-office.html

Jack Figel
Eastern Christian Publications

F
F
I am looking for a 4 vol. set of Prayer with the Harp of the Spirit. I have seen it referenced in old messages on this blog. Any information will be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Father Patrick osb
I am looking for a 4 vol. set of Prayer with the Harp of the Spirit. I have seen it referenced in old messages on this blog. Any information will be appreciated.
Probably easiest contacting Kurisumala directly:
http://www.ocso.org/index.php?optio...p;link_id=2400&Itemid=88&lang=en

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
I once purchased the set directly from Kurismala as the good Rev. Fr. Deacon recommends and it did eventually arrive.

Rainy seasons are what slows down mail traffic in that part of the world or so the monk who sent me the books wrote.

It is a beautiful Office which was later sent to the Catholicos Mor Ephrem (Philip).

Alex

M
M
Originally Posted by Orthodox Catholic
It is a beautiful Office which was later sent to the Catholicos Mor Ephrem (Philip).

And I still use it regularly...just this morning in fact. I remain grateful. God hears about it. wink

I'm grateful for that too, Your Eminence! smile

In case anyone is wondering why Philip is referred to as a Catholicos, some years back there was a thread here about vagante ordinations.

Well, one thing led to another and those of us who were participating in the thread began consecrating each other as bishops and patriarchs . . . smile

We managed to consecrate Philip as a Catholicos-Patriarch.

The point of the thread was how we were to know whether a consecration was valid or not.

Since there was no satisfactory post explaining this matter, we decided to leave Philip as a Catholicos "just in case . . ." smile

Happily, it never went to his head (except by way of a paper mitre, perhaps . . .).

All the best to you sir!

Alex

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.