The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anthony Offline OP
OP Offline
From the programming note:

From the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, His Holiness Karekin II and His Holiness Aram I commemorate the Armenian Genocide Centennial with a special liturgy featuring choirs from Armenian Churches around the nation.

G
G
Here is the announcement from the Eastern Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church in America [armenianprelacy.org]:
Saturday, May 9, 2015—Divine Liturgy at 10 am
Divine Liturgy will be celebrated at the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, 400 Michigan Avenue NE, Washington, DC, on the campus of Catholic University, at 10 am. His Holiness Karekin II will celebrate the Divine Liturgy and His Holiness Aram I will deliver the sermon. Armenian choirs from across the country will participate under the direction of Maestro Khoren Mekanejian. Tickets are not needed.
My only concern is what will happen when it comes time for Holy Communion. Will there be an announcement made that Catholics will not be able to receive Holy Communion...even though the liturgy happens to be in a Catholic basilica?

To my knowledge, this will be the second time that His Holiness Karekin II celebrates a Soorp Badarak in a Roman Catholic church, the first being at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in LA in 2005:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Well, if HH agrees and the Catholic Cardinal ArchBishop of DC approves and the Pope has no objection.. I think your free to receive if your in good standing and no danger of indifferentism

Who was it who once said, "Our walls of separation don't reach up as high as heaven . . .?"

Alex

M
M
The "Our walls" quote either comes from Fr. Aleksander Men or from a Russian bishop with whom he was conversing, I think.

Actually, it is from the Orthodox Metropolitan of Kyiv, Job Borecky (an ancestor of our late Eparch, Vladyka Isidore Borecky - who baptised me - memory eternal!).

He made that statement during talks with the newly minted Eastern Catholics at the Union of Brest.

Alex

G
G

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.