The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#411641 05/26/15 12:45 PM
Porter Offline OP
OP Offline
Excuse if I posted this some time back; but haven't been on here in a very long time so I don't think I did. Anyway, my husband, Ron, had a brain hemorrhage a year ago due to a medication he should not have been taking..and was prescribed. He spent two times in the hospital including I.C.U. and then six weeks in rehabilitation. God had virtually worked a miracle in that he can do so many things and physically his heart is even much better. But, the alzheimers/dementia that he was showing signs of before this has become worse. I am the main cargiver, doing the driving, much else. Not such a problem except when I get sick and my children are out of town. Please pray for us. I hope to be attending a support group sometime soon and need to find just the right one..hopefully one where people are Godly. Church friends have helped but can only do so much. He is now 81 and astounded his cardiologist he survived. (I got a new one after the error). His neurologist tends to be pessimistic but he also seems to be either atheistic or agnostic. I have believing for the best and also that God is and will continue to take good care; but also know He uses people. Thanks. Good to touch base again. Was on here consistently years ago and loved this forum. Learned a lot. Bless all. And I know there are serious persons who pray here. Mary Jo and Ron

Last edited by Porter; 06/16/15 11:44 AM.
John
John
Prayers for Ron, and for his caregiver, Porter!

My humble prayers for your and Ron, old forum friend! :-)

I sent you a private message.

With love in Christ,
Alice

Porter! smile

By chance is he a disabled veteran? If so, there is additional help for you. You'll need his DD214, and letters from two doctors, it will give you additional funds that you can use to pay for assistance. You'll need to go to Veterans office.

Most Holy Theotokos her our sister Porter, and husband Ron. Place everything in order for her, asking your Son to give her rest!

Lord Have Mercy!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Mary Jo, old and dear friend, I was thinking of you and Ron recently and wondering how you were, as it seemed that it's been a long time! It's wonderful to see a post by you, sad though the subject.

Prayers for Ron, that his doctors be guided in their treatment of him by the Saintly Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damian, and prayers also that the Lord give clarity to his mind and peace to his thoughts. Prayers also for you, our beloved sister and friend, that you be granted the strength to do what you need to do and that your health and well-being be preserved and that God grant you many years.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Porter Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you ,Neil, and others. Bless all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.