The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks ! Can a gal have too many psalters ?

O
O
I'm still using my 2001 printed copy - but I can see an order going over for a few more copies.

M
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Holy Smokes ! The shipping is more than half the cost of the book. Yikes !

O
O
Think what it's going to be like to get a few over to the UK frown

O
O
Originally Posted by SwanOfEndlessTales
You can order the Canadian OCA Psalter, in a new third edition, here: http://shop.churchsupply.ca/collections/frontpage/products/psalter-3rd-edition

I ordered mine and just received it yesterday. So far I'm very impressed with this psalter- the notes, the additional material, etc. At times the translation is beautiful, though occasionally it's a bit clunky but not atrociously so.

I'm glad you have had a response from them . I've now emailed them twice as I need a little more information from them about shipping , but have had absolutely no response.

S
S
I should say it took them about 10 days to actually ship the book to me. They may not be checking their inbox very frequently.

O
O
Oh well - maybe there's hope for me yet - I sent the first e-mail on 17 June !!

M
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just got mine last week. They are not quick to answer emails , so keep trying.
I like the footnotes. The Service at the Departing of the Soul from the Body ,the Creed of Athanasiusand the "Te Deum " of St . Ambrose of Milan are additions not found in the 2000 edition.
A very nice psalter indeed! Undecided on the spiral binding, it may not hold up very well but then again it does lie flat when opened.

O
O
I live in hope that eventually I will get a response from them.

I've tried using the Contact Us from on the Website - and that does NOT work - I got this

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again. If the problem persists, you can reach us using the phone number and email address above.

Most irritating mad

E
E
I've had the same situation, however, without the 'problem' message! Don't they want to sell the Psalter?

O
O
That's what I'm wanting to know too .

I like the translation , I like the lay out . In fact you can sum it up as I like it.

My copy of the 2001 version is still usable - but I'd really like a few more, but .......

There are other things which take precedence however. Perhaps one of these days I'll try getting in touch again.

S
S
Originally Posted by Michele
A very nice psalter indeed! Undecided on the spiral binding, it may not hold up very well but then again it does lie flat when opened.

I got the hardback edition for $4 more and I think it'll hold up well.

Their... questionable customer service is indeed a head scratcher. I suspect they were not expecting a lot of people outside the archdiocese to be interested in their publications.

O
O
That's as may be - but it's no excuse for not responding to emails, whether sent directly to them or though their online presence.

M
Michele Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I did not know there was a choice of bindings, I just took the first thing that popped up
Otherwise would have chosen the hard cover.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.