The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Alexander T., Raphael1999, Adrián Badida, fr nick, Andres Belizario
5640 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 183 guests, and 66 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Byzantine Nebraska
Church of the Holy Trinity (UGCC) - Brazil
Papal Audience 10 November 2017
Upgraded Russian icon corner
Russian Greek Catholic Global Congress
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics34,826
Posts412,415
Members5,640
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mercy #413726 11/02/15 05:33 PM
Marian Offline OP
OP Offline
God have mercy upon all souls. His mercy be our bread.

Re: mercy [Re: Marian] #413735 11/03/15 11:04 AM
Alice Offline
Originally Posted by Marian
God have mercy upon all souls. His mercy be our bread.

Indeed, Marian. Yesterday I was thinking about God's mercy as I found out about the death of a relative.

I also thank you for this prayer, as I read daily on the tragedy of those who are dying at sea daily in the Aegean waters, many of whom are precious infants, babies and children, hoping to escape the hellish nightmare of war and ISIS in their country, Syria. It breaks my heart.

We read the lives of the saints every day in our faith, suffering persecution, yet there are many today who are suffering equal if not worse persecution for their faith in Jesus Christ at the murderous hands of ISIS. Yet, no one I know, whether Priests or parishioners, or people I meet understands or wants to understand or accept or comprehend this horrible situation. I find this confusing. Is it because they do not know Syrians? Is it because they have not lived in another country to relate to other people, realizing that these people are like you and me, and had houses, cars, televisions, computers, businesses, and have lost everything?

Just like those who suffered persecution in the atheist Soviet Union, these Christian individuals are also modern day martyrs for the faith.

May God have mercy on all these people, Muslim and Christian, alive or dead, and comfort them in their many, many sorrows. Lord have mercy on all souls!

Sorrowfully, In Christ,
Alice

Re: mercy [Re: Marian] #413737 11/03/15 11:41 AM
Pani Rose Offline
Amen Brother!

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on us, and on the whole world. By your mercy and grace may we confess our sins, repent, turn our hearts to you!

Dear Sister Alice I so agree. Our parish is a melting pot of the most awesome Middle Eastern families, allowing those of us who aren't to view through their eyes. Oh, how they hurt!

Looking into Scripture, we think Father Abraham's son started so much of this. When leaving Sodom and Gomorah, being told not to look back, Lot's wife did. How we have abandoned God's very word, looked back to the point children are no longer Baptised, Chrismated, Christ is not invited in to dwell in the heart of man. People have looked so far back, we are now in a world where we are allowing an active homosexual life style to rule us. When will look forward, and live the word of God?

The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2020 (Forum 1998-2020). All rights reserved.